Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my own Template, but cant get it to open

Hi
    To acheive uniformity on my pages I have made a Template .... I save it as a Template and named it. When I try and open it to use it on a page it wont work, it doesnt open. I write the file name in and change the bottom window to All files...but nothing..what am I doing wrong please.
    I have done a search but couldnt find the answer....Ta

Sharon
    www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Re: Made my own Template, but cant get it to open

Are you double clicking on the page name? If so, this procedure will not work. You must use the File/Open/Existing Page (or template) Though the BV software.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Sorry dont understand...:) I can open it in its own New Page....but I cant use it on an existing page...?

Comment

Too frustrating now cos it wont work...will wait till Bluevoda 10 updates and do a new one then....but my latest problem is my Pugs page is way too wide in IE. I have changed the width in page propeties to 750, its perfect in BV but when published its too wide...I have also ticked center browser. Any help would be great...grrrrr

Cheers
        Sharon
        www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

When you want to make a new page open the template page, add all new content, then "Save As" (i.e.) pugs
          Then publish. Your template page will remain a template and you will have a new page named pugs.
          I just viewed the pugs page and it appears OK to me. There is white space on both sides of the page. To change the white space you will need to add a color to the background.
          BV is not a dynamic generator. It will not make your page fit to various
          other resolutions.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Doh...I get it. Thanks for that.

Comment

No problem....
              On another note...this is a pet peeve that I have....I do not like having to click extra times to navigate to the content I need. I do not like an "Entry" page. That's just me however. Your area to "click to enter" is quite small. It took me a while to figure it out. Possibly put a clear shape in the enter area to make the link larger?
              Your keywords are all strung together in one large block of text. The SE's will not read those properly. Think about seperating them into the correct syntax.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Thanks Terry...will work on those things too.
                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X