This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah's Classifieds

Problem to set Noha's classifieds. I don't understand how to do it...hope someone could help. Questions in RED.

From Noha's classsifieds install guide.

Prerequisites:

In order to run Noah's Classifieds on your computer, you will need the following software components on your unit:
    • MySql database server
    • Php4 script module
    Notes:I have a Vodahost account. Do I need mysql server and php4 script module?
    • We do not provide additional support for the installation of the above components. These web sites contain sufficient information for you to accomplish the task.
    Installation process:

Quick installation
    1. Unpack the distribution under your webroot directory;
    What is the web root directory and where to find it?
    1. Locate install.php in your browser;
    2. Follow the instructions.
    Detailed installation:
    1. Unpack the distribution and copy the files under a directory where the web server may accesses them.?
      (Unpack: tar xvzfp classifieds_<versionnumber>.tgz) I can't unpack it. just doesn't work!
    2. The Noah's Classifieds installation will need a web interface. Start your browser and open install.php (of course, not as a file but through the apache web server, e.g. http://your.server.com/classifieds_1_2/install.php) ?????
    3. Follow the instructions in your browser.
    4. During the installation, a mysql database will be created among the database tables and the necessary data will be written into the tables. The program will attempt to write the Noah's Classifieds configuration file (config.php). If the given server configuration doesn't allow this (the apache web server doesn't have write permission in the classifieds directory), you have to write the config data yourself in config.php. Of course, the browser displays all the information you need to do this.
    5. If the root permission needs a password, an input form will appear. Type the user name and password there (this user name is not necessarily the root, but it must till have written permission to an existing database, or permission to create a database if it doesn't yet exist).
    6. The install program now displays the parameters it needs to continue the process of creating the database and the new tables. If you accept these settings, click "Ok". If you want to change the settings, click "Edit parameters". One reason to change these may be, if you don't want the install program to create a new database called "Classifieds", but you have your own existing db and want to put the Classifieds tables in it. In this case, you can specify the name of your db under "Edit parameters".
    To make it short...I have no clue how to do it. I'm not into tech things so
    If someone can explain as if I was a 10 years boy, starting from scratch...I will really appreciate.
    Thank you in advance for your time

Re: Noah's Classifieds

Go to your Cpanel, click on Fantastico (blue smiley face on the bottom left), choose Noah's Classifieds and let Fantastico install it for you.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 01-14-2006, 05:32 PM.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes..You can have Noah set up in under 30 seconds from Fantastico...Noah is semi pre-installed for you.
      Last edited by VodaHost; 01-14-2006, 05:32 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thread moved to scripts section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you...
          Ok now it's install...but i don't have a clue how to change language, cat&#233;gories, look.
          and after how to put it on my site...
          If someone know how to do that..cause I'm everything but a tech!!!

PS:I read their forums -probably useful if you are a programmer but for me is just chinese and I'm French.. ther I read something (language related question)about changing something in constant.php
          In the MYS there was no such script so I downloaded Noha's classified again but into my file on my computer and finally ,there, was the scripts .

Have a good day!

Comment

Your best bet is to ask your questions about Noah in Noah's
            forum. He is the expert on his product and can give you much
            better advice than we can.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello again
              I finally change the language.
              But again ...
              I have an other question - For people who already installed Noahs ... can I change categories...in Noah's forum they say there is a add and remove button dedicated to do that...but I can't find it!
              If someone know how Noha's classifieds works please let me know...
              Thank you

Comment

Noah has its own forum with the programmer him self answering all threads.
                Do not be shy...Click the below......

There is no one more qualified than the actual programmer to help you with
                your cusomizations.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X