Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Browsers

Hi Everybody!

Just published my website and hit a glitch! The website was made with Blue Voda and I am using Internet Explorer 6. Now on my browser, the site is perfect. All the links work and the layout is good. No problems. I tried it on my wifes machine, again with IE6, same thing. a neighbours machine (IE6) same thing. My son, using a Mac and Safari had problems with the research page (images, text and internet addresses tending to overlap). Another friend, a long distance from here had worse problems and she is using a PC!

This is an area that I have absolutely no previous experience with anad I would appreciate comments or advice! My website is at

www.bioelectricbook.com

Many thanks!!

bill214

Re: Internet Browsers

OK...I checked it out in IE and Firefox and it looks fine... Do not worry about
    Safari...most people have not even heard of it..And even less people use it.

If your site look s Good in IE your ahead of the game...The only way to get
    your site perfect for every stupid browser like safari is to design a site just
    for safari and run a script on the server that detects which browser the user
    is using and it will switch to your safari optimized site.... We personally refuse
    to go through this hassle for VodaHost (17,000 Pages)...I suggest you do the same.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 01-16-2006, 01:50 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Many thanks!!! It turns out that after I spent a day and a half correcting a glitchy page, one correspondant told me that on her machine it was still glitchy. I had my website checked out by you and about eight friends who own computers. Not a problem,! Turned out that she had not refreshed her browser since viewing the page and original glitches. Good way to learn tho!

Bill

The guy using Safari was my son! He uses a Mac, but we still love him anyway.

Comment

OK...since he is your son...We will overlook his Safari habbit (for now)...But tell him he must soon repent and come back to IE and all will be forgiven.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What the thought on Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 preview found it in c/net. says its a must for webmasters.

Comment

Kassi59:

Don't do it General Kate, MSN still has a lot of rebuilding to do on that one. View all the problems Nite Producer had with it. About drove poor
            ez-ez crazy. EI 7 beta is a new monster in our midst. I'm finally done sweeping.

Comment

Kate- Jury is still out, http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rev...10486-ie7.html. I know that there are several in here (George Hester ?) who are using it already and they might comment on their experience. Both times I tried it - the result was messy.

Circus - Did I miss your promotion to LC ? Congratulations.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanx for the heads up...I never did do anything with it as I went over to firefox..When I see beta, it makes me nervous I understand that beta stand for
                Best Effort Test Anonymously!

Comment

Working...
                X