Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointer to another folder

Hello everyone,

For the group of companies that I work for I have developed a crm software in php which is hosted at VH with domain name crmpt.com.

I have created several subdomains ex: aaa.crmpt.com, bbb.crmpt.com, one for each company, and cpanel creates a "aaa" and "bbb" folder below the html_public/www folder.

I am forced to have the same php files(they are so many....) on all subdomain folders.

Is it possible to have a "pointer" from each subdomain to the upper folder just like the www and html_public, one of them is pointing to the other right ?

This way I would point all the subdomains to the upper folder and would avoid me having all the same files in every folders.

The subdomain folder would only have the login/configuration file (one file only) for that company.

Also in software updates there would be the great risk that one of the subdomains could be forgotten to update.

I want each company to see in the browser line his own "aaa.crmpt.com" and the other one "bbb.crmpt.com" and so on.

I hope my question/doubt is clear. Is this possible or does anyone recommend something different as solution for my problem ?

Thanks in advance for all the help,
    pipesportugal

Re: Pointer to another folder

I'm not quite sure i understand what your saying but,
    Would setting cookies to access your entire website work? Set arrays or variables in the cookies to hold the info?

Comment

If it cant be easily done with php, could you pop an iframe in each site for these links.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

or..........you could have the php processing files in only one folder and then link to them from the form. For instance, if the form is in folder aaa and all your php processing scripts were kept in xxx then you would link to them like so:

action =" http: //www.yoursite.com/xxx/whateverscript.php"

or

action ="/xxx/whateverscript.php"

That is if I understood you correctly.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The main problem is that you want your customers to see in the browser www.aaa.crmpt.com . To achieve this, they need to be always in that folder. So the only solutions are:

1. An Iframe, as Chris suggested, so that all scripts run in this iframe
          2. Design a script structure that only contains a couple of files, and then it makes calls to the scripts (using the "include" or "require" command) from the folder that will hold all these scripts.
          This is common procedure where you usially have only an index page in each subfolder, and the requested action is passed to the same page using the GET method . As soon as the page refreshes, it "sees" the action required, and includes the ne cessary script from the "includes" folder.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I want each company to see in the browser line his own "aaa.crmpt.com" and the other one "bbb.crmpt.com" and so on.
            Good point Navaldesign- I missed that cavaet. With out that requirement- things would be simpler.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X