Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing/naming problem

Hi All,

I have no idea what to do. Sorry if I ask a silly question but I am new to all of this.

I have published my "index" page which comes up fine.

www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au

next I have a tier2 page which is about queensland restaurants and lists the individual suburbs (qld) and The address is www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au/qld , next i am trying to load a suburb page Albion ( a suburb of qld ) which has a Text link from the home page. So technically it is also a tier2 page.

Should I have an address that reads www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au/qld/albion.html or since it is a tier 2 page it should be www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au/albion.html even tough it is a subpage of the qld page.

Next Problem:
    if i have a subpage of a page how do i get the " / " to appear in the web address when loading pages as you cannot enter the / character when saving page names ? eg www.domain.com.au/qld/albion/cucina-restaurant.html

I am at a loss as to how to have the sub pages published so that i can have the " / " in the address after the qld or the albion??

Tad confused but really excited to have my page on line..

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards

Andreas H

Re: Publishing/naming problem

Hi, not sure what you mean by sub pages. If you want a sub directory/folder, go to your cpanel & then into public_html & create a folder called qld You can now publish tyour BV pages to public_html/qld/ . So if you have a web page that has been published in this folder/directory, the address would be www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au/qld/mynewpage.html
    You can also if needed publish a new index page in this folder & the url to this page would be just www.good-restaurant-guide.com.au/qld/
    If creating sub folders/directories, create a new folder in your bv folder to place these pages in. Will help on not overwriting another page you may have in the main BV folder on your home machine.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X