Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nav bar question

hi there,

i love bluevoda. i have spent days trying to work out why some pages on my navigation bar arent working and im stumped. my website is live and people cant view half the pages.

about half of them work but others just cant be found. my website is www.tokenyaforever.org

any help would really be appreciated!

thanks,
    tammi

Re: please help...so frustrated with new site

Hi, try popping into you cpanels Public_html & seeing if the pages are there & there is no spelling misstates, & the links to the pages actually work.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi again,
      they all seem to be ok in the control panel, from what i can see anyway-i dont really know what im looking for but all the pages are there.

i did try typing in the adress to the individual pages that wont link and they work by typing www.tokenyaforever.org/thestorysofar.html this is how i have linked them so i dont know why they dont otherwise work.

Comment

Hi Tammi,

All your links works for me except these two:

Open the above two webpages in BlueVoda and check
        the hyperlinks for the pages in properties are exactly the
        same as the above.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

thankyou,
          i have worked out one of the pages but the 'what you can do' page is still not working.
          i have rechecked all the spelling, republished and am now republishing the index/home page.
          fingers crossed that will do it!
          i dont actually know how i worked out the other one so i dont know where ive been going wrong!
          i'll keep trying,
          thanks heaps

Comment

the page 'what you can do' is not even registering/coming up when i type the address into the address bar...does anyone know why this could be?
            i am republishing it now...for about the forth time!

Comment

i have tried everything i can think of to get this last page working!!!
              I have just redone the whole page, changed the navigation bar on the homw page, published both the home page and the page that i re-did and it still doesnt work. i have NO idea what else i can do or try! any suggestions would be very much appreciated, im just about ready to give up.
              thanks

Comment

hi tokenyaforever

I managed to catch the url of the page what you can do before it gets redirected and this is what your actual url looks like.

http://www.tokenyaforever.org.whatyoucando_clone.html

I think you need to change the url.. by placing a forward slash " / " after org instead of the dot " . " this will command the link to the home directory, I think.

Then rename the page and republish

not sure what the clone is in the url?

hope this helps

Max
                Buy and Sell Antiques, Collectables & fine art
                Cheaper than feebay!
                visit:www.greatbritishantiques.com

Buy Wind spinners online
                They make the perfect gift
                visit:www.spin-city.co.uk

Comment

The '-clone' simply means you cloned a page in BV and probably made changes but didn't rename the page. Just open it in BV, rename and publish.
                  Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                  Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                  Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Your Navigationbar2 is set to this,(per the home page coding):
                    <a href="http://www.tokenyaforever.org.what_you_can_do.html">
                    You need to go into your navigationbar2 properties and edit that page's url. It should be exactly the same as you have named that page in BV website builder. Then republish your home page. (I just typed in this url
                    http://tokenyaforever.org/what_you_can_do.html and it goes to that page.)

EDIT: Also I noticed that you have no navigation around to the other web pages, when you get to that page. It's a preference thing, but usually there are navigation links to the other pages so you don't have to be going back to home page, just to go to another page on the site.
                    Last edited by judavvforum; 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM. Reason: added more info about navigation

Comment

Re: nav bar question

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.
                      I am still working out the nav bars on the other pages but I do intend to put them on.
                      I will try renaming and publishing the page now...I am releived that at least the page can be found!
                      Thanks

Comment

Re: nav bar question

It still doesn't work!!!! I'm going nuts with this page...don't know what to do cause I really need it on there!
                        The clone page was an attempt to redo the page and republish it. I have since changed it back...still nothing!
                        HELP

Comment

Working...
                        X