publishing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing problem

Hi, I am new to this. I decided to try and publish 4 of my pages (folkartgarage.com) and it says successful, but I can't find them on the web. I swear I've read all tutorials 10 times and I've tried the F5 thing. I get confused between naming pages, page properties and hyperlinks. for example, I named a hyperlink www.folkartgarage.com/ronald_cooper.html, then under page properties on Ronald Cooper page I titled it ronald_cooper, and I named the page ronald_cooper. None of page titles need and extention, right? and page properties add html, right? I'd appreciate any help with what to do next. Thank you, Kari

Re: publishing problem

Hi Kari

Might be a silly question put have you pointed your domain name to the VH servers yet?

I put folkartgarage.com in the browser and I end up on a yahoo holding page.

regards

Darren

Comment

I hate to ask this, but how do you do that?

Kari

Comment

Kari,
        Are you a VodaHost customer? You need to be in order to publish a BV website. When you purchase hosting from VH, all the instructions would be emailed to you.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, I have ******** account, just have not published yet.

Kari

Comment

Hi Kari

I guess we are back at the 'point the servers' bit?

I am not familier with yahoo but I am guessing the process is pretty much the same.

Firstly you need to log-in to the place where your domain name is held and find the bit where it says change dns servers.

On your welcome email from VH it will clearly tell you what the Name servers for VH are.

Mine for example are

Name servers:
            ns1.voda19.com
            ns2.voda19.com

check, but I am guesing yours are the same

and make those changes

regards

Darren

Comment

Thanks, I found old info and changed to vd servers and then I put in request to vd for the transfer.

Kari

Comment

Hello, nothing happens when I hit submit or reset button on contact form...url is www.folkartgarage.contactus.html
                Also, why is the background color in 4 of the box yellow? I created it with gray and it's still gray on the non published version.
                Thank you! Kari

Comment

Your Ronald Cooper page is live.
                  Page titles should reflect the content of the page using at least one main keyword.
                  You have posted an incorrect URL www.folkartgarage.contactus.html
                  Should be: http://www.folkartgarage.com/contactus.php
                  Also view: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm #20, 21, 22
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Working...
                  X