PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crashes

Karen Gold
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Someone please help!

Every time I go to publish my pages Blue Voda keeps crashing. I get the 'Not Reponding' message and have to close the entire programme down.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Blue Voda and was able to publish two pages and then it started doing the same thing. I have also cleaned out all my Cookies.

Prior to this happening I was able to publish quite a few pages but now I cannot do anything. Going insane...

I am trying to publish three different websites and have two different hosting accounts and it happens on both accounts and all websites.

www.prideofsouthafrica.co.uk/teaser.html (http://www.prideofsouthafrica.co.uk/teaser.html)

PlayItByBeer
05-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Someone please help!

Every time I go to publish my pages Blue Voda keeps crashing. I get the 'Not Reponding' message and have to close the entire programme down.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Blue Voda and was able to publish two pages and then it started doing the same thing. I have also cleaned out all my Cookies.

Prior to this happening I was able to publish quite a few pages but now I cannot do anything. Going insane...

I am trying to publish three different websites and have two different hosting accounts and it happens on both accounts and all websites.

www.prideofsouthafrica.co.uk/teaser.html (http://www.prideofsouthafrica.co.uk/teaser.html)

Hi Karen,

Be Patient while publishing... we all (those of us on SA's rubbish '56 bags of coal' dialup speed anyway) receive the "not responding' message while BV is busy publishing a page.

Cheers,

Karen Gold
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
OK... so I can put that issue in the same bag as load shedding...

I will try and be more patient and see what happens...

As a fellow South African have you been able to log into the Control Panel?

Vasili
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
If you are using BV 9, hopefully you kept the zipped from your last download on your desktop or elsewhere: re-install it, being careful to preserve your original copy maybe even going so far as to COPY the Zipped file, and opening/extracting/using the Copy altogether).

If you are using BV 10, simply download the newest copy and install.

Often, connection issues not only affect Publishing results, but also rattle your applications, and often re-installing them (repairing them) is the only answer.