published but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published but...

Hi there, I have published my site www.waimanupark.co.nz but each page opens a new window. What have i done wrong?

Re: published but...

Nice horses..

On your progeny page, are you using a light box feature to display your photos?

The one thing I wasn't crazy about, were your nav buttons and their placement. I think a rectangular button would look better.. you can make your own you know, just save them to your nav folder, and you can have custom nav buttons. If you want help let me know.
    Your pages also open up into a new window with each click of the nav button.. it is more ideal to have them open up in the same window. You can change this function by removing _blank from the window.

Your pages also jump around from page to page.. they need to be positioned all the same in the browser. To see what I mean, open your site, and click each nav button, a different one each time until you have gone thru them all.. watch for the movement of your pages.

Cheers.. I really like your horses

Comment

Thanks Pickels, When I remove _blank, what do I replace it with? There are 4 options and it appears that I need to choose 1.

Comment

Hi, You don't replace it, it is left with nothing written in the window.. that was a confusing issue with the tutorials for me too.. it says leave it blank, and there is an option with the word blank..lol.. but it should be empty of all print.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Pickels View Post
          Hi, You don't replace it, it is left with nothing written in the window.. that was a confusing issue with the tutorials for me too.. it says leave it blank, and there is an option with the word blank..lol.. but it should be empty of all print.

Cheers
          Done that, but now from the home page you can open each page, but you need to go back to the home page each time to be able to open other pages inside the same window. I have been and checked all the spelling and made sure each page is correctly titled and connected.

Comment

Hi Encore-1,

You can use "self" if you want the browser in the same page.
            "self" is also recommended if you want to use the page transitions in properties.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
              Hi Encore-1,

You can use "self" if you want the browser in the same page.
              "self" is also recommended if you want to use the page transitions in properties.

Thank you. I tried with nothing, then I tried with _self and still I cant get it working. And it wont go from my progeny page to my for sale page at all!!
              After I changed it, I then saved it to the same name, replacing the original, then published again. Originally there was a space in the for sale but i have fixed that and its like the new publication isnt there.

Comment

IT WORKS!!!!!!

All sorted. Thanks to those of you who helped.

Comment

Hi, Can you tell me what program in BV you are using to show the photos on the progeny page. I have my photos in a light box, but they do not open the same as yours.

Cheers..nice site btw.

Comment

Hi Pickles are you talking to me?

If you are it is the "Lightbox".
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi..I am using light box on my site, but my photos do not display in this manner.. am I doing something wrong..

can you take a look?

Comment

A further note, I want my photos to open and close as encore's do on his progeny page.

Comment

Hi Pickles,

Double click on your light box
                          in properties, select the settings to "center" for all.
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          State of Johor.

Comment

Working...
                          X