Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Programs within the Site

Hi,

I am currently building my first website. I think I'm doing pretty good with help from you guys. One of the things I'd like to be able to do with my site is add some games. I was wondering if there's anyway that I can embed these game programs (small programs) so that they would work. If at all possible, I would like to use some of the freeware programs I have. I am currently obtaining permission to use these on the site, so that shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know how to go about doing it? Thanks
    Dawnee

Re: Adding Programs within the Site

Hi demure
    Depending on what type of program they games are.. in left tool bar is HTML, Java, Flash... maybe using one of those will do the job... Doug

Comment

I saw those... but I'm not sure I really know how to use them... ? This is just a regular spades freeware program and maybe a couple other small ones like that. But since my site is for a spades team I am captain of in my league, I definately want the spadse one in there if at all possible. But, since it's freeware, I'm not sure how exactly to install it so that it is running and not asking for everyone to install it on their pc??
      Dawnee

Comment

Are the games available to play through a web browser online? Or do they need to be downloaded to a PC?

If they can be played online, can you post a URL for us to look at? If they are on your PC, what is the extension of the game file eg .exe ?

Comment

Hello Pete,

They are freeware that must be downloaded. But, I'm trying to figure out how I can upload the installed game into the website so my users don't have to upload it and can just play. It is a DreamQuest Sofware program called "Free Spades". It can be found at http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/G...ee_Spades.html .

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had pretty much given up on this post as nobody was resonding. Thanks for the response, hope you haven't given up on me answering...
          Dawnee

Comment

Executable files can't be run through your browser. The only way that specific game can be played is if they download it (either from your site or another).

For games that you can play on your website look for:

-Flash
            -Java
            -Javascript
            -Or possibly html/css for very simple games

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

k, thanks a lot
              ... sincerely, not "smart alecky"
              Dawnee

Comment

Working...
              X