Default Arial Font?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Arial Font?

Hi, my site is near completeion and upon previewing my site the 'special' fonts I use seem to work fine, but when I look at the site from a different computer the font is default Arial, but when I return to my computer to look at the page in IE the fonts are the way they are supposed to be, this is the font http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2861 and yes these are all published pages I'm talking about...help please...

Re: Default Arial Font?

Originally posted by Platinumjoker
    Hi, my site is near completeion and upon previewing my site the 'special' fonts I use seem to work fine, but when I look at the site from a different computer the font is default Arial, but when I return to my computer to look at the page in IE the fonts are the way they are supposed to be, this is the font http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2861 and yes these are all published pages I'm talking about...help please...
    Please post your site so we can have a look at it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You're using fonts that aren't "web safe", meaning they aren't installed on all pc's. If a pc doesn't have the fonts you're using installed, the user can't see them properly.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi,
        I just created a web site for a client and I had the same problem. I solved it by creating most of the background, text and pictures in photoshop and applying in bluevoda as a background. It works great. The font stays the same, no one can download or copy the pictures individually and it doesn't shift in different browsers. In using the bluevoda navagation systems I also found that the font remained true. Hope this has been helpful, it worked for me.
        Lorraine
        www.abusinessinabox.ca
        (see this site for example) - www.glassartbykathryn.com

Comment

Nice site - nice tip! That's one I'm going to try as I'm getting my photos nicked!

Cheers
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
          X