Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with thankyou page using Bluevoda 10

Hi

I've just upgraded to Bluevoda 10, mainly because I want to create 2 seperate forms on one website with 2 seperate thank you pages - I couldn't figure this out in BV9.

So, I've used the fantastic new form wizard & built my very simple contact form. It is published & works, except:

In the form properties, I have the success URL set to http://www.mysite.com/home.html - when I click submit from the published form, it sends me to http://www.mysite.com/%3C?%20echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>

Please help, I've looked at the tutorial so many times, and cannot see what I have done wrong!

Thanks
    Pete

Re: Problem with thankyou page using Bluevoda 10

Pete-
    Please provide a link to your particular form and also, paste your php code that you are using to process your form - in this thread.

We will start there.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi

The form is here:

There is no php code, as in BV 10, it is all done through a wizard! The success page is here:

So basically the contact page is php, and the action page is HTML (as per the new tutorials). One thing I have noticed, is that every time I reopen the contact page in BV, if I double click on the form, all of my form info (email address, success page link etc) has disappeared.

I'm wondering if this info is not saving correctly, and therefore not publishing correctly either???

Comment

hello I haven't made a form in BV10 yet. But I'll think you'll find that the contact page should be saved as html and the thankyou should be saved as php.

However on the conatct page double click the 'form' to bring up the form properties and the form should be named action and (I think it's called) the extension should be php so it can find the action.php you saved earlier.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

Hi

According to the new tutorials, the thankyou page should just be a plain, simple html page. Although what you are saying is correct upto v10.

I've gone into BV again, and all of the settings I had put into the form have gone again!!! The page was definitely saved, but the form settings are not being remembered - I am thinking this might be the issue?

Comment

pete-
            Can you tell me what tutorial you are looking at? Reason: I am not aware of a tutorial that has the action of the form set to ['php_self']. While it is possible to do, I need to know that tutorial you are looking at so that we are on the same page -sorta speak.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Here you go:

It's also here - Not the viseo though, just the text underneath:

Thanks

Comment

PETE-
                Thanks for that. I have not played with BV10 and I see it has come a long way.

So down to the problem at hand. Please open your form page and in the page extension (in page properties) put a check in the php extension. Yours is .html and it needs to be .php. - Then save and publish. - SO IT SHOULD BE /contact.php

I believe that should take care of the problem.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy

I think it's sorted - I had the pages set up correctly, but had not altered the menu to go to the .php page instead of the .html page!!!

There is still the issue with BV10 not retaining this info though - If I choose to alter the page in the future, I will have to enter all of the form detail again!

Many thanks for your help
                  Pete

Comment

Working...
                  X