Sliding Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding Menu

I use the sliding menu in BV and have a lot of pages. How can I update my menu bar for all the pages at one time without having to change the menu bar on every page and publish each of them individually? Help would be greatly appreciated.

jvedhir

Re: Sliding Menu

Hi, you would be best using Navals way as it can be used to update many other things on a page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I will certainly look into that. Thank you very much.

Comment

I want to use sliding menus in my site-nav bar to show links to 'sub pages'. On two different BV test pages I'm seeing a problem in Firefox with the sliding menus. When I view these pages in Firefox and mouse over the appropriate page, most of the text that's supposed to slide out is cut off instead:

http://www.mcandrewcoaching.com/temphome.html (mouse over 'Products')

http://www.pmcsconsulting.com/temphome.html (mouse over 'Services')

I tried re-saving and re-publishing the first page, but the sub-menu items still are mostly cut off. Can anyone offer a solution? THANK YOU.

Comment

Well, this has gotta be the quickest that I've ever figured out a problem I posted to any of the BV support forums:

I suddenly realized that I could go into my BV files and widen the page-element box of the menu, extending it as far to the right as the longest piece of text in the sliding menu. So I did, and the sliding items now look A-OK in Firefox (and just as good as before in IE and Safari).

Hope that doesn't sound too confusing. The lesson here is, be sure to make the page-element box containing your (sliding) menu as wide or as deep as the slide-out item that extends the farthest down or across the page. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
            Well, this has gotta be the quickest that I've ever figured out a problem I posted to any of the BV support forums:

I suddenly realized that I could go into my BV files and widen the page-element box of the menu, extending it as far to the right as the longest piece of text in the sliding menu. So I did, and the sliding items now look A-OK in Firefox (and just as good as before in IE and Safari).

Hope that doesn't sound too confusing. The lesson here is, be sure to make the page-element box containing your (sliding) menu as wide or as deep as the slide-out item that extends the farthest down or across the page. :)
            Hello Jim

I am in the previous phases of building my site. So, I have not yet uploaded any file.

If you have solved some problems with "slide menu" you perhaps can help me with a couple of questions about them:

1) How can I enlarge the boxes (vertically)?
            2) How can I make the links be clickable over the whole box and not only over the test?

Thanks in advance

German
            German
            www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

German, let's start by looking at the two menus I set up on http://www.pmcsconsulting.com/temphome.html.

The menu on the left is from BlueVoda's Menu Bar button, which has a 'General' tab and a 'Style' tab. Under the 'Style' tab, in the "Theme" dropdown menu, I've selected "Default" which allows me to make the buttons in this menu whatever size and font I wish--and the larger the font I choose, the more vertical space they take up.

The menu on the right is made with the same MenuBar button, but in the "Theme" dropdown, I've chosen "ThemeOffice2003." Choosing this option or any other that begins with word "Theme" locks in a certain size, font, and color for the menu's buttons. No customizing the buttons if you choose "Theme____".

I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Jim

I appreciate your rush reply.

I was thinking of the menus made using "Slide Menu" not "Menu Bar".
                The nice thing (for me) of the menus made with Slide Menu is that they open vertically when the button is clicked on and stay open until clicked on them again. Several Folders may be opened at the same time, allowing the visitor to choose among different search criteria. Also, if the menu is located at a side of the page, the open menus do not disturb whatever may be in the center part of the page. That's what I like of these menus.
                What I do not like is a) the buttons are too narrow, just the height of the characters of the labels, and b) the area for clicking for links is over the text only, leaving part of the button non operative.
                The Properties of Slide Menu does not have any way of changing the size of the button.
                Do you have some good idea to manage this ??

German
                German
                www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
                X