Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please comment on my remade site

Hi

I made this site (my first) a couple of months ago for a friend of mine. I have just finished remaking it now that I know a little more about the program (Blue Voda).

I would really appreciate any comments, especially about optimising the site for search engines, as I know very little about this.

Many thanks
    Pete

Re: Please comment on my remade site

Nice looking site too! On the bio in the last paragraph, you have heard broken, or some thing like that, it should be heart I think? Very nice work though, keep it up!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi there,

On the sidebar on the homepage to the right, Lingerie is missing an "i".

Comment

Oops!!! Thank you for both spots!

Pete

Comment

Hi Pete. Good job. I especially like the portfolio page.

On site optimisation, I am not an expert, but I think that the first thing you should do, using this site as an example, is to change the title of the page.

1. First, find about 2 or 3 solid keywords that represent Hayley's profession, and then use them to write the title of the page. For instance, haley is a model, right? So you can use the following keywords -

Top Glamour Model
          Fashion Modelling

Now that you have these two keywords, you could use them to draw up the title of the pages [or some other related pages]

A suggestion could be -

Title: Top Female Glamour Model | Hire For Fashion And Glamour Modelling – www.hayleysteuernol.com
          The crawling spiders will love it.

2. Secondly, weave these keywords [you find some more] into the Menu, Picture tags, Headings/Titles of the pages, picture explanations, etc.. Example, the heading of each page is “The official Website Of Hayley Steuernol”
          This will not get you much search engine credits, unless Hayley is a well searched-for name. How about trying this: “The Official Website Of Canada's Top Glamour Model – Hayley Steuernol”

3. You can add some top keywords in the menu. Like this:

Instead of “Bio”, you could have “My Model's Life” or something like that.
          Instead of Portfolio. You could make it “Modelling portfolio”

And listen, the “Bio” page is an excellent place to use further keywords which you can weave into the sentences. This way, the search engines will love the site

Note that this is just one aspect of search engine optimisation. But it lays a good foundation upon which you can now base all the other more advanced and possibly costly techniques. This one is free and mostly painless.
          I hope this helps a bit.
          Let me stop here, I've got a problem with my site!

Bless

Comment

Hi, you’re off to a good start, couple of things that might help?
            The front page image hasn’t been reduced in physical size & has been slightly over reduced in KB’s/dpi. Its not much, but showing pixilation on the skin & rim of the sun glasses.
            This is the same with http://www.hayleysteuernol.com/bio.jpg where you can see it even more with the text on the image when squeezed down to make it smaller.
            I have put a post up on another forum in the respect that you are using text areas for your text, & I wasn’t sure if the SE’s will take any notice of this. But will post back if there is an answer as I would be curious to know if this is ok. (I suspect not, but not sure) .
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, apparently it not a good idea with the SE's to place text in a text area in this way. If you want? use the script below & replace all the Place your text here! with your own text & place it all in a html box on the front of your BV page. Then preview. You will have to adjust the areas of the code for size & so on. The scroll bars will only show when there is to much text & needed.
              HTML Code:
              <div style="color:#000000;overflow:auto;height:529;width:300;background:#ffffff;padding-left:10;border:2px #FF9FB0 solid;background-color:#000000;color:white;scrollbar-face-color:#FFC0CB;scrollbar-arrow-color:#FF0000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#FFC0CB;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#FF0000;scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFC0CB;scrollbar-shadow-color:#FF0000;scrollbar-track-color:#FFC0CB;"><br>
              Place your text here! Place your text here! Place your text here! Place your text here!
              Place your text here! Place your text here! Place your text here! Place your text here!
              <br>
              </div>
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X