Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I put an email form in blue voda that is from a different company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I put an email form in blue voda that is from a different company?

I have successfully created my website in blue voda. On two of my pages I have created an email form that is working correctly. It sends the captured emails and name to my email acct. However, I have recently set up a getresponse acct and want the emails to be sent directly to getresponse autoresponder system. In speaking with GR, they tell me that I must use an email form that is created in GR. In order to do that I have to get to the resource box(?) in blue voda to put the code that will make it work. This is Greek to me. How would I accomplish this? Getting the actual script or commands to put onto my website page is no problem, its accessing the correct area of the Blue Voda website in order to accomplish this. thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by santoro1; 05-13-2008, 05:02 PM. Reason: checkingto see if I indicated i wanted immediate email notification of a reply

Re: How do I put an email form in blue voda that is from a different company?

Hi, it maybe just a case of popping in into a html box on the front of your page Or if its set up some ware on the net? you might be able to pop it into an iframe.
    Would really need to see what you have been given in the way of a link or code.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Here is the code that get response told me to put into my page in order to have the emails sent directly to my campaign in getresponse.

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.getresponse.com/ModPopupW.../691730/15840/">
      //GetResponse popup code
      </script>

thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi, click on the link in the code above (last post) & a page will open a page with a lot of code. Cut & paste all this into your BV page properties area in the tag marked “Between the head tag” Before closing this area, place a script tag 1 line above at the beginning of the code…

<script>

And a similar one right at the end of the code.

</script>

Close this area as we are finished here.
        Now take the code bellow & place it in a html box on the front of the page.

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.getresponse.com/ModPopupW.../691730/15840/">
        //GetResponse popup code
        </script>

Should be done now.
        NOTE: One thing before you test it. There is a cookie session built into the code so it only pops up once in a preset time or session. So it’s a bit of a pain to test. There is bound to be a way of turning this off to test, but I don’t know how this works so won’t play around with it.
        But one of the script guys might see this & say how. If worst comes to worst, pop a post up & ask for a few tests. I was able to test 3 times (once per browser installed on my machine). & all seemed to work.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, thanks for your reply. I have two other questions...Is there a way to delay the pop up from coming up in 5 seconds. When I tested it, it actually was very annoying to me. I can imagine how it might be to others. Perhaps I should stick with a simple form. Any thoughts on how I could get this form to simply stay in one place on my website? thanks

Comment

I went back into getresponse to see if there was a way to put in a stationary email box. Here is the code for the email form that getresponse gave me.

<!-- GetResponse subscription form | start -->
            <form action="http://www.getresponse.com/cgi-bin/add.cgi" method="post" id="GRSubscribeForm" accept-charset="UTF-8">
            <fieldset>
            <table>

<tr>
            <td>
            <label for="GRCategory2">Your Name</label>:
            </td>
            <td><input type="text" name="category2" size="14" id="GRCategory2" /></td>
            </tr><tr>
            <td><label for="GRCategory3">Your E-Mail</label>:</td>
            <td><input type="text" name="category3" size="14" id="GRCategory3" /></td>
            </tr>
            </table>
            <input type="submit" value="Get More Info!" />
            <p>