Adding color frames to prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding color frames to prints

Hello, I am working on designing my website utilizing the Blue Voda Site Builder. I need to know how to go about being able to give customers the option of viewing different color mats to the 8 x 10 prints I have to offer. There are approximately 8 mat colors to choose and I would like the customer to be able to click on the color choice and the color 'mat' surrounds the print enabling the customer to see how well the mat color goes with the print. Please advise.

Re: Adding color frames to prints

Basically, it requires you to create each picture in each "frame" formatted on a separate page to click to ...... you may wish to simply fiddle around with using a iFrame to present these differences in a more unified manner (so the user when clicking on a color swatch would actually link within the iFrame to another "hidden" page that shows that picture in that color option).

Or, experiment with "image rollovers" .... maybe stacking them as layers, so when rolling over colors samples, the corresponding image presents?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, Vasili's suggestion of a simple roll over page sounds good. This may give you an idea.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you both so much for your quick response. Now, let me see if I understand: I have one image, but 8 color mats, then I would need to have a total of 9 pages; one for the initial print and 8 more of the print, each having a specific color mat. I then hyperlink the specific color swatch on the initial print page to the corresponding link page. Correct? I hope my explanation is clearer than mud!

Comment

Adding color frames to prints ??? Hmmmm...

Well, there you go!

Comment

Thanks Chris for the example of the rollover idea. Vasili, are you able to direct me to an example website that uses the iFrame? Rhonda

Comment

Another question to Vasili: what tutorial shows the rollover images? Rhonda

Comment

Well....not as a good example for what you are looking to do (I would stick with the roll-overs, and just have the color "s*******" as individually linked squares to a larger 'replacement' image with the frame added).....but in this example, I have a calendar linked via iFrame to the body of the page since it is a web application that resides elsewhere. I used an iFrame primarily to "mask" the bottom area of the calendar, thus preventing Visitors to 'Logon' and monkey with it ...... (keeps it from being trashed).
                >>> www.HerodsIslandTours.com/island_calendar.html

Which brings me to another important tip regarding iFrames: when creating your pages that will present in an iFrame, be sure to register everything as close to the top of the page as possible, as the iFrame will present the WHOLE page it reads from the top-left corner outward....so if your "framed picture" is the only thing on that page, be sure to position it TOP - LEFT on the page, so you can then "re-size" the area of the iFrame to present appropriately!

Comment

Thanks again Vasili! That's a pretty nice website you have going. Very impressive! Also, can you tell me where I can find the Blue Voda tutorial that shows how to do the image rollover pages. Thanks, R

Comment

Working...
                  X