How the published pages are appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the published pages are appearing

My domain name is quantumconsulting.co.nz.
    I have 4 queries:
    1) Most of the text on my published pages is highlighted which I do not want - how do I change this so the etext just sits on top of my background image? (it is not higlighted on my website builder pages)
    2) When I use the navigation bar/buttons to go from one page to the next, a completely new window pops up each time. I want the same window, with current page disappearing and new page appearing in the same window How do I do this?
    3) What is a 'normal/standard' page size? I currently have it set for a wide screen but want to change this so my viewer can see the whole page on a smaller screen.
    4) How/where do I put search words in so that someone using a search enquiry would find me? I thought I had doen this but when I try to search using my words, nothing comes up.

Re: How the published pages are appearing

Hi May,

I have just visited your site. Very good looking by the way!

Regarding page opening in a new window, you should set your menu bar to open in a _self window, on menubar properties.

hilighted text shows, because you must have by mistake pressed a small square near your font colour, that is usually set to white.
    To undo this, select your text, just like you would do for changing font, press that small square, and select "reset background".
    Do this to all your hilighted text, save and republish your pages.

Standard page size is an issue with many oppinions.
    In my opinion, if you set it to a wide of about 900, i guess it would be ok in most of screens, but this is ONLY my opinion.

Serch engine spiders look trough all text in your pages.
    Submiting your site to popular search engines might be a good start, but SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a delicate matter.

VH as a service for SEO, you can find on the top right of this page the link to it.
    Take a look and see how it works, seach the web for some more info regarding this matter.

Hope of help,

Susana
    Susana

http://www.imperiodocha.com
    Leaf Tea & Acessories
    http://www.christiescreations.net
    Gift Baskets, Flowers and Party Favors for all occasions
    Richmond, VA

Comment

Be patient. It can take anywhere from a few days to weeks before the SE's index your site.
      I did notice that your navigation buttons "jump" from page to page. That is they are not in perfect alignment from page to page.
      There is a typo on the whatioffer page
      "eachother"
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

This has been very helpful, thank you. One more query - why are these threads showing up when I do a search for 'May Sahar'? I don't want these showing up in this way. What can I do so they don't?
        Domain name quantumconsulting.co.nz.

Comment

New name and forum profile.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

I can't find the place to get back to my name and profile in order to edit it. Can you tell me how to access this please?
            Many thanks Domain name quantumconsulting.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
              Be patient. It can take anywhere from a few days to weeks before the SE's index your site.
              I did notice that your navigation buttons "jump" from page to page. That is they are not in perfect alignment from page to page.
              There is a typo on the whatioffer page
              "eachother"
              Hi,

I am just beginning to design our websites on Blue Voda. I have been looking at the navigation and cannot tell if JavaScript is used.

I do not want to use it because screen readers for the blind are unable to read JavaScript. I want my navigation links to be from text which is not underlined if there is a way to do this.

I have our websites on Homestead right now. Am I right in thinking that I have to redo the websites on Blue Voda? I don't think I can transfer the pages. I think I will have to redo all of them which is okay...but if I can transfer them that would be nice...and much less work.

What I want to do is to set up all five websites on BV before I pay to have them hosted. My hosting runs out on Homestead the third week in August. I want to pay for three years of Blue Voda at the beginning of August so that I have some overlap time. Hopefully, nobody will notice that anything has changed except me. I will be getting much more for my money.

Does this sound feasible?

Thanks! Sorry for not sticking to the topic.

Carol
              Carol
              www.wabashfirstumc.org

Comment

You should use pure text boxes for the menu's for SEO purposes and to stay away from JS menus. All of the pre-made menus scripts/menus on BV are JS menus.You can eliminate the underscrore on a link by modifying the "style" in the Hyperlink Properties/Appearance box.
                You can import html from an existing site.
                In the BV web builder File/New Page(hover)/From Existing HTML Page. It will require some rework as BV is different from most HTML generators.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X