im ready to join the wild wide web well i think i am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im ready to join the wild wide web well i think i am

hi how do i park a domain name? how do i link pages togeather and finaly i cant seem to find the code to put a form in my pages it sais scroll down and youl see the code but no i cant maybe im abit denc haha pllllzzzzzzzz help me asap.......uk
    owe ye nearly forgot domain= name and ip addresses do i deed an acount with voda to place my pages on the web?
    could you email me the answeres please

Re: im ready to join the wild wide web well i think i am

Welcome Andy,
    Yes you need to have an account through Vodahost to down load your pages to the web for viewing. May I also suggest you watch the tutorials closely, then you can post to the threads that cover the specific problems you might run into. Good Luck!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

i have wached the titorial sevrel time and even had the pages side by side and followed it step by step but whan i test the page in the test bit and hit the hyperlink to see my second page it doesnt go to it..........

Originally posted by SAman View Post
      Welcome Andy,
      Yes you need to have an account through Vodahost to down load your pages to the web for viewing. May I also suggest you watch the tutorials closely, then you can post to the threads that cover the specific problems you might run into. Good Luck!

Comment

You must have the pages published before a link can take you to them.
        You can preview them individually.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Thanx so i cant link the pages togeather until iv publishes them? i see now well could you get some one to mention that in the tutorials as iv spent ages trying if i hade known this i could have saved lots of time hehehe o well nevermind live and learn...... so do i need to be a host to publish or can i simply regester so i can just publish to the web?? and the videos i have on my pages to they upload with my pages when i publish them?? and finaly i have seen a forum saying that i can put my pages up for VodaHost members to coment on and to see if they look ok....How do i do this do i need to be acount active to do so? Thanx for helping Carbonterry...Andy
          Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
          You must have the pages published before a link can take you to them.
          You can preview them individually.

Comment

Hi, yes a VH account will be needed to publish your site & for us to view & comment.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You can do all the work to link them so that when the time comes to publish them everything will then be live. When published all elements will be automatically uploaded to the server.
              Yes, your account will have to be active for us ti view the pages.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

ok thanx again im going to activat the acount now wish me luck and hope it looks good can you help me if i need wen its up or give me some feed back on how to improve it please

Comment

Sure, no problem
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

hi iv got my acount and uploaded my pages but cant see them only text and i have done my email things rite i think does it take abit of time to get my page visible???
                    Originally posted by SAman View Post
                    Welcome Andy,

Comment

well iv done the main stuf but got a couple probs iv setup a mailing acount and cant get it to well cant get my butons to work to contact me in my page and also i have watched the tutorials sevrel times but i must be thick as i still cant even get my pages to link togeather the names are corectly done.......
                      if some one could look at my site then you can see the problems im having....... www.andrands.com

Comment

You have a typo in your hulk link (one too many //'s after.com)

Your Contact and Inquiry (typo here) only link to your index page.
                        Your page title is not "index.bvp" Your page name is index
                        The title should be descriptive of what your website offers. "Video Editing" ??????
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Hi, you need to remove the "rorrrr 4 webpage.wav" file from the page as its taking the page minutes rather than a second or 2 to load.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok its gone any better can you see the page i cant see the pics iv took of a few as well and re done it to the 1 / rather than //

Comment

iv removed the rorrrr 4 webpage.wav but cant see the pics on the hulk page how do i put a title to the pages so people know what my page is offering?

Comment

Working...
                              X