Publishing Problems - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Problems - please help!

I am working on a webiste in BlueVoda for a friend -caitlinscottjewelry.com - and we are having a horrible time trying to publish it. We are getting errors that our password is incorrect, but it is the password that works everywhere else on the site.
    We were having an issue with not being able to find our IP as well, so I just uploaded the newest version of BV and now the IP that is showing relates to Server Voda 9 which won't is being worked on.
    Basically we need to know is there different passwords and/or User names for publishing a page versus the password used for the rest of the Voda site?? And also, if we can not find our original IP given to us, than do we just assume it is the newest one that just got listed in our IP drop down box once we upgraded??
    I hope this makes sense... We have been having problems for days with trying to publish :(

Re: Publishing Problems - please help!

Hi, can you post the IP you are trying to publish to that was given to you when you joined VH in your welcome email. (NOT THE PASSWORD) I am getting the impression that the domain is not configered correctly at GD/.com. The ip is not a VH one (as far as i know) & its not normally this server combination.
    IP: 69.50.134.146
    NS1.VODAHOST.COM
    NS3.VODAHOST.COM
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

One of the main problems we are having is that we have somehow lost the welcome email with the original IP info.
      Is there any other way to figure this out??

Comment

Pop a support ticket in with your details & email address & they will send you a copy.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I just put in a ticket, thank you for your help thus far!!

Comment

So - we recieved the welcome email with the information after submitting a support ticket, per your suggestion. But when I go to 'publish' the site, I'm still getting an error message that my password is incorrect.
            I believe that I am on the new server with the IP address of 67.228.244.194 and if so I realize this server is having changes done to it. Is there anyway to figure out if it is a server issue or really a password issue that I am having without submitting a support ticket (I am trying to move through this as quick as possible as I am way past the website due date)
            Also, in regards to passwords...I seem to get a new password with every email we get from BV, is there one password for everything I work with in the site, or is there different passwords for different sections?

Any assistance you can give me is appreciated!
            Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deriksen View Post
              So - we recieved the welcome email with the information after submitting a support ticket, per your suggestion. But when I go to 'publish' the site, I'm still getting an error message that my password is incorrect.
              I believe that I am on the new server with the IP address of 67.228.244.194 and if so I realize this server is having changes done to it. Is there anyway to figure out if it is a server issue or really a password issue that I am having without submitting a support ticket (I am trying to move through this as quick as possible as I am way past the website due date)
              Also, in regards to passwords...I seem to get a new password with every email we get from BV, is there one password for everything I work with in the site, or is there different passwords for different sections?

Any assistance you can give me is appreciated!
              Thank you!!
              When you sign up to VH you are given TWO paswords, one is for your billing account and one is for your website publishing and to enter your Control Panel.

Ensure when entering your publishing info you have

The correct IP (which it looks like you have)
              The correct username given to you (all in lower case)
              The correct password (again, case sensitive)
              Ensure if it is your main or one and only site that in the folder field when you publish you have 'public_html' entered in there only.

If this still fails then you need to support another ticket giving more precise details of your issue.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up - I think I might be finally getting this straightned out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deriksen View Post
                  Thank you for clearing that up - I think I might be finally getting this straightned out!!
                  You're welcome
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi my problem lies in the naming & saving of pages and previewing.
                    first i named my home page as www.mysite.com/index
                    then the subsequent pages as www.mysite.com/products
                    and i can not preview to see if all the navigation buttons are working properly

Comment

Hi, your page should be named index only & the same for products. Then publish as theses names only.
                      You then get to these pages using your browser with a url link of ..............
                      www.mysite.com
                      www.mysite.com/products.html
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                      X