help with contact form please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with contact form please

Hi, I just published 4 pages for the first time (I should have waited until I was done with all the pages). My website is folkartgarage.com. My contact page will not link to my thank you page. The submit button and reset button do not work. Can you tell me what is wrong. I have listened to the tutorials many times and everything looks good to me.

Thanks,Kari

Re: help with contact form please

How did you save your "thankyou" page ?

The form "action" needs to be the same as your "thankyou" page. Remember that it needs to be published as php.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I found it, in http://www.folkartgarage.com/thank_you.php

Change your form action to be "thank_you.php"

Save, Publish, and refresh your browser before testing
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I need hel with my thank you form...i need the code from previous from tutorial. Can you help?

Comment

I did as instructed, but contact form is still not working. Any ideas?
          Kari

Comment

Kari, now your Submit and Reset buttons are outside the form area. Sometimes it might seem that they are, but they are not.

Please move the buttons until they are within the limits of the form. If they already seem to be, move them just a pixel or so, until yoiu see the form outline become blue, which indicates that the button has become part of the form.

Save, Publish, and test.

Why don't you simply use the new BV10.1 ? if you do, BV will include the necessary code automatically. Have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-tutorial.html
            Navaldesign

Comment

I'm almost done. I'd hate to start over again. Only 2 more little problems...when the contact info is sent and goes to mail box all that appears is "Values submitted from our contact form" so something is not quite right in code, right? Also why do 4 boxes on my contact page from city to phone number have a yellow background (on the unpublished page they are all gray)?

not giv'n up, Kari

Comment

KAri,

May i suggest something ?

Use the new BV10.. . You can download it from http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...wnloaditemid=1

Then, double click the form. Check the "Use Built in PHP form processor". Type your email address, thankyou page URL and Errorpage URL.

The thankyou page will only need to be a simple html page.
                Instead, the FORM page needs to be php.

I understand that this is exactly the oposite of what you have been doing till today. However, this is a much better option, only available since 5 days. The script (php code) will be AUTOMATICALLY embeded in your form page, and the script used is MUCH more advanced and secure than the old one that you used.

It will only require 5 minutes to make the above changes, but you will have a much more efficient script, a better formatted mail text, and security against spammers trying to use your form for spamming.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
                  I need hel with my thank you form...i need the code from previous from tutorial. Can you help?
                  Nafta,

please look at the above post. This way it is MUCH easier. However, should you still need it, let me know, i will post it here for you.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

You're right, the updated of BV worked great except for one thing...one my published contact page three of the boxes still have a yellow background and I want gray like the others. Thanks for the info. url www.folkartgarage.com/contact.php

Kari

Comment

This is not a BV issue. You have Google Toolbar installed in your browser, and it has an Autofill feature. This turns to yellow all fields that it recognizes and can fill in automatically.
                      I don't have it , and i see all of your fields the same grey color.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I'l fix. One other thing, my published contact page has a home button that I hyperlinked with www.folkartgarage.com/index.html like all the other pages but I get a URL not found on server error 404. I appreciate the help.
                        Kari

Comment

You have missed the "http://" in your Home button link.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for all your help. I've been at this all day. You've made my day much easier than it could have been.

Kari

Comment

You are very welcome.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X