Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites done in Soho

Hello!
    I've been using osCommerce for quite some time and I never had any problems with it... that is, operation-wise.

Recently, I've been receiving comments from visitors like:
    • they don't want to see pictures or brand logos (specially in countries where dial-up is the "fastest" way to connect)
    • it takes quite a lot of clicks before they could get to "checkout"
    • etc.
    Now I want to try Soho. My questions are:
    • is there an option not to use images at all without seeing a blank picture box on the site?
    • can a visitor get right to the desired product without going through those pages where they have to see and read lengthy information about it?
    • do i have the option to slim down the checkout process (without going through several pages of "order confirmations")?
    • can anybody provide some links to sites built with Soho recently?
    Thank you very much.

Re: Sites done in Soho

You can choose rather to list a short blurp or a blurb and a long description in soho. You can make the checkout basically 2 pages.. their info and payment info.. if you use paypal well then thats a 3rd page.

Sure you could load a clearpixel.gif into all your images and nothing would display if you want no pics. Course.. im not going to order what i cant see...so...<shrug>

grannys is a soho site

I dont have complaints of speed etc.. I dont have a sign in and i dont use paypal.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks! Actually it's an online grocery store and products are very common such as vinegar, canned goods, drinks, etc. And the site caters to only one country, so no need to show any pics or brand logos.

Did you use a template? If yes, are there lots of free Soho templates out there that I can play with? (modify the design)

Coz if I'm going to create my own template, it'll take some time since I'm not that familiar with Soho.

Comment

Yes.. if you go to the addons site there about 700 templates to play with. Thats a modified template or customized template. I did it myself. Its not hard

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Yes.. if you go to the addons site there about 700 templates to play with. Thats a modified template or customized template. I did it myself. Its not hard
            Where do I find the addon site?

Randall
            www.SflaMarineRepair.com
            Have a Great day!

Comment

The official source for add-on features (plugins and widgets) and templates for Soholaunch Pro Edition. Download freebies, purchase premium addons, or develop your own and add them to your site!

Its on the top of the soholaunch.com page

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X