X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Protection

My site is www.semg.ca
    I want to password protect a page we'll call /emgrequest.html
    In FTP, I created a folder semg/entry and uploaded my page to this directory.
    In C Panel, I password protected the /entry folder.
    However, when I try to access this page online at www.semg.ca/entry/emgrequest.html I do not receive a username and password box, I just get a page which say "you do not have permission to view this page".
    What have I missed?
    Thank you.
    Wayne Smith

Re: Password Protection

Don't know what you did..delete it and try again..Also click on the below..

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...pdirectory.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by oxford
      My site is www.semg.ca
      I want to password protect a page we'll call /emgrequest.html
      In FTP, I created a folder semg/entry and uploaded my page to this directory.
      In C Panel, I password protected the /entry folder.
      However, when I try to access this page online at www.semg.ca/entry/emgrequest.html I do not receive a username and password box, I just get a page which say "you do not have permission to view this page".
      What have I missed?
      Thank you.
      Wayne Smith
      Did you add a user and password? If not, the system will not prompt for a username and password but will come up with an error message.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I did take everything down and rebuilt as advised and presto! it worked.
        Wayne

Comment

ok, i want password a page called www.wegeral.com/rest.html , i created a directory called folder called ( rest) . and upload on the ftp. went to CP and i did exacetelly what i have to do following the tutorial video. end up without nothing , no mensagens at all , no passw protection ...it looks l

Comment

I can't find your page, it gives a 404 error. I can't even find your "rest" folder. So there MUST be something wrong with what you have done. Please provide the correct URL
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok if i password protect a folder will users be able to access the individual pages if they type in the link to the page in the URl browser

Comment

besides that can i change the login page to another language thanks

Comment

thank you navaldesign i appreciate your kindness

Comment

You are very welcome.

Vassili is just as kind, just (being a businessman) more demanding.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                      X