Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal header

www.printsofcornwall.com

I am getting close to finishing this first site - oh the frustrations but the best support one could wish for from all fellow VH users - and wish to ensure that the HEADER on the PayPal "Buy Now" page is the site name and not my personal email address with PayPal. How do I achieve that? I am not using a merchant's account.

Re: PayPal header

I believe you will have to do this thru your PP account. When you create your "Buy Now" button you will need to go to the "Add More Options" page and change your "Custom Payment Page Style"
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

CarbonTerry Thanks but there is no Add More Options button. I have emailed PayPal via my account twice over the past three days and had no reply. I'll try again.

Comment

Are you going thru your "Merchant Services Tab"?
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

No, I haven't gone through the Merchant Services site as I understood I could use my existing account. I'll have a look at it. Many thanks.

Comment

I looked into this many years ago so my info may be a bit rusty but I believe that this IS possible, there is somewhere on your cart set up that says, 'create custom payment page', however, one word of warning... unless the image (Banner) you use is not from a secure site, (i.e. https) it will give your customers a warning message every time they go to buy an item from you so I wouldn't advise this if you can't ensure this.

You cannot simply change your paypal payment name though, trust me on this one. My account is in my own personal name rather than my business name, but this is because my bank account is in my name and not my company name (saves a lot of charges and trading as a sole trader I can get away with this!) When you transfer any funds from paypal to your bank account, if it's not the same name as your bank account then you may have problems.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marincky is correct on the above comments. The easiest way around your problem is to set up a business account that pays to another email address.
              Then the business name appears in the header.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Yes ,I want the account to stay in my name and just as I sell other items with PayPal I want the receipts to go to that account. My other transactions - not from a web site but a professional grouping to which I belong - are advised to me by PayPal with the amount, the senders name and the address to which the item has to be sent. That is good enough for me. All I want is the site name to appear at the top instead of my personal email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpreter View Post
                  Thanks to both of you. Yes ,I want the account to stay in my name and just as I sell other items with PayPal I want the receipts to go to that account. My other transactions - not from a web site but a professional grouping to which I belong - are advised to me by PayPal with the amount, the senders name and the address to which the item has to be sent. That is good enough for me. All I want is the site name to appear at the top instead of my personal email address.
                  I understand what you want to do, I wanted the same but I honestly think you will struggle with this one. Having said that, I have taken hundreds... maybe thousands of payments all to my personal name, through various sites and businesses and to date no one has asked me why it is in my personal name.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have now researched the PayPal site thoroughly and it is clear that I need to upgrade my account to Premier. The DEMO on the PayPal site explains it all but I am not sure how I add the HTML to the various locations. I will have a crack at it Wednesday and then publish my results for others.. Keep your fingers crossed !!!!! I might actually get my site up and running by the week-end.

Comment

I think upgrading it still will present you with the same issue over the name of the account and what you want it to say when customers purchase. But hopefully you will prove me wrong. Best of luck

Comment

The only way(s) (???) to get your business name in the header is to use an image (see Marincky's warning against that) or have another account in your business name. That account can be set up to allow to transfer funds to a bank account. Should you choose that route I suggest to set up an intermediate bank account (usually they are free) to put a buffer between you and PP. The fine print @ PP gives them permission to freeze your bank account in case of a "perceived" fraud.
                        This can be quite scary as there is no time limit involved for your account to be TOTALLY frozen. Makes no difference how much money is in there, L10 or L10,000
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

I had a long discussion with PayPal and have simply upgraded to Business Account. No special charges but it puts my site name as the company name at the head of the PayPal page. I have made a "typo" which I am trying to correct. They also allocate someone to steer you through the process if you are a newcomer to PayPal. Very simple and completed in 4 minutes.

many thanks for everybody who put suggestions forward.

Comment

Excellent News, hope you get your misspelling corrected quickly. Thanks for coming back to tell us how you got on.

Comment

Working...
                            X