trying to update and re-publish pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to update and re-publish pages

Hi there, we are new to this. Our website is www.passionflowerhanmer.com. Our problem is that we are trying to update some things on our pages on a weekly basis and the new info we save and publish is not showing up. ALso on our menu tabs, they sometimes are taking us to other areas in our site. We have been working very hard and cannot figure out what we are doing wrong. PLEASE HELP!

Re: trying to update and re-publish pages

Hi, you might need to just hit F5 quite a few times to help clear you computers cache. You also need to make the links to your home page www.passionflowerhanmer.com. & not www.passionflowerhanmer.com/index.html.
    Many of your links are also targeted at _blank & should be _self, or even better, just leave this target area with not text at all.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks mate, we'll give it a go and stop eating from distress caused from our computer!

Comment

This is going to sound dumb,but how do we sort out our links? If we do not use html, and try to verify the site, it doesn't find the url. What keys do we press to make it all better?

Comment

Hi, you don't need html for the index page. The Internet will auto look for the index as the 1st page when entering a site. You use this on most pages after the home page like you have done. If you make any changes to the page? Just save and re-publish. You may have to do the F5 part again.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, Have made the changes you suggested, and have saved and republished, but am still hitting a wall. I have nearly worn out the f5 button too! The redirection when I click on the menu bars seems to be working now, but it loads the old pages. is it doing the same for you? The collections and stem liknks should be dated at the top of the page with May 19th-22nd. IS this what you see?

Comment

One page is up (Stems) but it is loading under the collections and what is supposed to be the home page is loading as the stems page! AGGGHHHH! Also some are loading in the same window and others are loading in a new window. I have gone through and changed the links so that they SHOULD open in the same window. AGGHHH! Help.

Comment

Hi, go through your pages 1 by 1 & check your button links. Most of them are wrong in that the pages after the home page have the wrong url on the wrong button.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Unless I am lookign at the wrong thing, I have done that....many times and the link buttons all are labled with the correct url for that page. I may not be understanding what you are saying though. I am opening my page in BV, and then double clicking on the bars to edit them. each one has the address for itself...ie) collections, passionflowerhanmer.com/collections.html...home, passionflowerhanmer.com, stems, passionflowerhanmer.com/stems.html etc. And then I have gone to the 'verify links' and checked that they all correspond there as well, which they do. I feel like I am going in circles. This has been going on for 2 weeks now! Is this what you mena? If not, I don't mean to be a pain, but could you explain exactly where they are wrong and how I can check them? Thank you soooo sooo much. Our clients are trying to look at our page to see what the flowers are for this week and I am tired of explianing that I am trying to fix the site:)

Comment

Look at this page:

then click on your home page link... it goes to a different page...

This is what Chris is talking about.

To be honest, in my opinion menu buttons for site navigation are not highly recommended. Turning them to text links would be more advisable.
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Instead of having the navigation bars, what do you suggest I do? I just really want an easy site to get through and to update weekly. I am not sure how I managed to build this, I can barely make it through online banking! I am just really frustrated at this point!

Comment

Originally posted by flowergirls View Post
                        Thank you for your help. Instead of having the navigation bars, what do you suggest I do? I just really want an easy site to get through and to update weekly. I am not sure how I managed to build this, I can barely make it through online banking! I am just really frustrated at this point!
                        Well it's only my personal opinion but simple text links work better, you can go into the link properties box and make some good styles so they don't just look like simple text links.

An example on a site I created http://www.steppin-out.co.uk/

Hover over any of the text links to see effect. Plain , simple yet effective...and no issues!!
                        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                        X