Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Map for Google

Hello,
    I put my site together last week. First time guy here. Anyway, Google needs a Sitemap so the Googlebot can crawl my site for a quality score. I do not know how to create this page and upload it to my site. Google offers these directions:
    Manually create a Sitemap based on the Sitemap protocol

1. Create a text file and save it with a .xml extension.
    2. Add the following to the top of the file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
    3. Add the following to the bottom of the file: </urlset>
    4. Create an entry for each URL. The tag is required; the others are optional. <url> <loc>http://www.example.com/</loc> <lastmod>2005-01-01</lastmod> <changefreq>monthly</changefreq> <priority>0.8</priority> </url>
    5. Upload your Sitemap to your site. Then submit it to Google using Webmaster Tools.

I am not sure where this script goes, in the HTML of the page? or in a text box?
    Really would appreciate the help. Thanks Russ ID# 22306 www.AchieveIt.biz

Re: Site Map for Google

Go here and create your sitemap, it's very straightforward. Once made, upload it to your server by FTP or by your CP, whatever you find easier.

If you want you can also add a link to it off your home page by adding

/sitemap.xml at the end of your domain.

Then go to Google webmaster tools and tell them you have submitted a sitemap.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Great! Thank You Very Much Marincky, Sir!
      Russ

Comment

You're very welcome
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

OK, I need help uploading the site map. I have the control panel up but I do not see where to do this. Any suggestions?
          Thank You,
          Russ

Comment

Well, personally I find it easier to use FTP so I will tell you my way then it's up to you...

Open BV, click on 'Tools' then 'FTP MANAGER'

connect to the server with your log in details

Then you will see two panes. the LH side is what's on your PC, the RH side is your server account.

Make sure in the top blue line at the top of the RH pane it shows you are in the public_html folder, if it is an addon domain then ensure you are in that folder.

Find the file by browsing on the LH pane and then drag it across to the right...

Comment

Got it! Here We Go!
              Thanks Again!

Russ

Comment

I think I have my sitemap in place but when I search for my website on google this thread on Voda comes up! What went wrong?
                Thank you for your help!
                Russ

Comment

wait until you post on here 1000 times... you'll see a lot more vodahost threads then...

Don't let this worry you... be grateful for the free advertising!

Once your sitemap kicks in Google will pick up all your pages.

Comment

Working...
                  X