osCommerce in Blue Voda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osCommerce in Blue Voda?

I am trying to set up my first website, and have been reading to learn as much as I can. One of the things I need to do is have a shopping cart that will mark items as sold/control inventory on items that there are only one or a few of. (I make jewelry, most are one offs) So I have found out that the paypal cart does not support this. And that osCommerce will. Is osCommerce compatible with the BV builder, or will I have to redo the site in Soholaunch to use it?

www.beadbratoriginals.com

Soho, osCommerce, and Blue Voda Are Entirely Separate Tools....

Soholaunch and osCommerce are two distinctly different "shopping cart" foundations altogether.

Both will track inventory (or you can turn that function off), and are fully featured for Customer Account management .... but are very different.
    1. Either can be easily installed into your account (into a newly created Directory, of course) via Fantastico! in your Control Panel;
    2. Interestingly, Soholaunch can also be used to create a website without enabling the eCommerce functions also -- it's simply a matter of choice. On the other hand, osCommerce is strictly a commerce (online shopping cart) system;
    3. Seeing as how you seem to have some confusion surrounding you, it may be wiser for you to start with the simpler of the two to build your first system with, as the learning curve is not as steep and the processes are pretty much in easy to understand terminology: go Soho!

IMO

Professional eCommerce Help
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: osCommerce in Blue Voda?

darn, i was afraid of that... I had startedout with the BV builder, so this means I have to start from scratch! Ugh!

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...
      X