Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image files

Hi

I have searched the for answers and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. Because I have so many images I would like to organise them into groups i.e necklaces, bangles so that when I add the images I can find them a lot easier rather than scroll through loads of images to find the one I require. How do I do this using soholaunch. My website is www.beckysgems.co.uk As at present it seems to take me ages. I have tried added sub cats to the image folder, but cannot then find my files. They seem to disapear. Even if I upload a zip folder called 'necklaces' that contain my images. Cannot find the folder.
    Sorry if there is thread already open. Can anyone help please, and many thanks in advance.

Re: image files

I also have a gem site with nearly 1000 products. I've named my images the exact sku of the product. As soho arranges them in alphetical order & numbers from large to small I have no problems find ab187 or zt289. That works fine for me. You can also do an import of cart product into Soho, if you have uploaded your images & know what they are named Soho will automatically match the image to the product details if you put the image name in the correct column of a spreadsheet & then import the cart products file back into the store. You may find that system saves you time if you have large number of products you need to add images too. But ofcourse you will need to check all the information on how this is done. I hope this is of some use to you.
    www.dinkdy.info
    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    www.thegemlovers.com
    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Unfornately they all dump into the images folder.. and it doesnt read any other location or in sub folders. Good one to post and rant on in the soho forum tho

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, not sure if you can do this in soho. But you could have a little test on how images are saved & name them in a way to make them in a numeric or alpha order IE:the 1st part of the name as like.....
        Bracelet-with-pearls.jpg
        Bracelet-with-white-pink-sapphire .jpg
        Bracelet-with-opal.jpg

I should keep them grouped & will also help with the SE,s as they wont have names like JKSCB104.gif
        JKSCB104.gif is not really what a girl will enter as a search for Bracelet-with-white-pink-sapphire. lol
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have heard before that search engines like names for photos - though at present traffic is between 150 & 200 per day for the gem store & it isn't finish yet - but we do have to operate stores as well. Sometimes the only way we can identify things is not to do things the ideal way. eg. I have a large numbers of garnet & diamond rings - which is which. Later when I optimise the store I will change the photo names to be a bit more SE friendly but at present at least the store is being built & quickly. As I stated I'm still getting good traffic. I've also been told the same for the art store - but I have several dozen cave art paintings for instance, so coming up with a system that works both ways can be easier said than done. Again I will put my mind to the task at some point of time. I guess someone starting from scratch could combine both methods - give a description & number.
          My photos had to come from my suppliers & came with the names they gave them. Most had numbers, but the few that did have descriptive names I changed to the the sku as I found I had no idea which one was called 'grapevinegarnetbracelet' & I'm not sure the SE would make much sense of it either.
          www.dinkdy.info
          www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
          www.thegemlovers.com
          www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

well guys for your information, stores like Ernest Jones and Marks and Spencers, take a look at their image files you just wont believe it. M&S is the worst, with a great long number that does not represent the product name at all, so image files dont make any difference what they are called its what the final name is that matters. Its how its displayed in your store. But thanks for the information. Guess I will plod on the way I started. Found a way though most of my products have two images, so I upload five products at a time. Log the information down on a piece of paper i.e the image name, hey presto find my product really quickly now. This is an example of M & S code http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...X182_SH35_.jpg

Comment

Hi, the idea of having a friendly SE site with correctly named images is to give you every opportunity to get your name in front of the big boys.
              Many visitors go to places like M&S though choice & not via a search engine. These types of business are so large they don’t have to worry about things like naming images.
              The point is! You have to get there 1st, & to do this you will have to use every opportunity to help this happen.

Best of luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X