please review my web pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please review my web pages

having some problems with the mail seting up but does it look ok in genrel? www.andrands.com

Re: please review my web pages

Why only one page.
    The page take to long download more than one page may alleviate this problem.

Comment

there are 2 well 3 pages it loads ok on my pc just cant sort this mail thing out now gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

hit the button at the top on the right sais hulk

Comment

I don't know what country you come from but your grammar and spelling need some serious intervention. Your page width is too wide and I don't really see a website that justifies to be on the tesing ground forum? It's just one page, it has me totally confused to what it is you actually do, I would personally click straight off this website... in fact.. I did! Sorry, but you did ask.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I agree with several of the comments posted so far, first the page is too wide (set it to 800x600), the images diplayed are distorted (hope your not infringing on copy rights) it feels more like your my space page than an actual web site. I would sit down and come up with a clear plan about wha you want and how it should look.

Ed
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Andyrands,

I have 3 comments

1. Remove that vertical blue column on the left of your page as it does nothing for your page. It is unsightly to me.

2. Change the blue colored text at the bottom half to white so that it becomes more readable. Avoid using colored text in menus.

3. Frame your page properly. A background is a background and should be seperated from your banners and texts so that they will stand out and catch your viewers attention. A background should remain behind everything and should be noticed but not seen as the main attraction of the page.

Nowadays the smallest laptop has 14" lcd screens so dont waste your
              space by adhereing to the 800w x 900h requirements. 1000 wide is better as you can increase productivity of your page. You can have your pages as high [or long] as you want. It is your preference and entirely up to you. Goto about.com and see how wide their pages are?
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

well thank you for your coments and i will take notice and for the first coment im from the 'UK' and i would have more pages except that for some reason they arnt linking i do put www.andrands.com/page_name.html but im not having much luck and can anyone see the video atached to the main page? i can when i go online to check it out. Again thank's for your view's

Comment

ok iv'e taken notice of your coments and have totaly revamped my pages take a look and let me know what you think.....

Comment

it is better ... see my comments in your other thread ... unfortunately your website does not inspire me to hire you ... this comment is meant as constructive criticism ... take a look at this website http://www.hybridmoon.com/index.php ... this inspires me to look further into what services are offered ... it is a simple, well designed functional website that make it simple for the potential client to take a look at what they can do ... I hope this helps ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

thanx for that but im not a big time oporator lol and am still haveing problems geting my pages to link ive about 6 pages but i cant get to link them i have linked them corectly like this www.andrands.com/pagename.html but to no luck and iv only been doing this for about a week so its all new to me but thanks for your help

Comment

I tried to play your video but no luck. Your work should be on the page above the stuff you think is just fun to look at (unless you did the work). Also agree that your copy is confusing (make a list of exactly what you do, not what you think people want)
                        I had trouble with links too. I put my glasses on and found a bunch of dumb mistakes and I put stuff in the wrong boxes. Watch the tutorials over and over. It took me about a month to get it, but eventually it will work.
                        All the best
                        Catherine
                        www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

After watching 4 threads being created for the same site (a couple in one day, no less) and the lack of measurable progress, I am left with the same compelling question: How old are you? Until you answer, there will not be much of an explanation or a referential mindset to properly address......

IMO
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili what are you on about? what has my age got to do with anything. And iam new to web site building.... anyone with constructive critisme please do so.... and it does not help as i do suffer from Dislexia....
                            Anyway ive improved the pages now well in my oppinion i have made measurable progress.......................................... ......................

Comment

Originally posted by andyrands View Post
                              Vasili what are you on about? what has my age got to do with anything. And iam new to web site building.... anyone with constructive critisme please do so.... and it does not help as i do suffer from Dislexia.... Anyway ive improved the pages now well in my oppinion i have made measurable progress..................
                              Yes, you have made some improvement, and your answer helps to understand the nature of your challenges in doing so. Because of the many comments and suggestions previously offered but not understood, I asked your age because I personally suspected something was indeed present to pose a challenge, such as youth (being unfamiliar with many concepts and staggered progress, which is similar to your case being a "newbie" and having dyslexia which must be frustrating), a reading problem, or even English being a second language.

Knowing what our peers are dealing with helps tremendously in tailoring our replies and minds us to pace the progress of others more appropriate to their abilities, not our expectations!

PS: You are allowed only ONE thread per website in the Showcase Forum (according to Forum Rules), and that is what we have been referring to when mentioning following certain protocols: pick a single thread out of the four and stick to it.

Professional Website Help
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X