Publishing Problems. Index error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Problems. Index error

Hello all....Im trying to publish my site and Im not sure what im doing wrong. I switched from yahoo over to voda hoping to have more functions but the change has been a little rocky. All it is showing under the browser is a list of the index, I have read the other postings about it and watch the videos but Im just not getting it. The web page is www.auto-rebuilder.com Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Jesse

Re: Publishing Problems. Index error

You named your home page Index - it should be index
    lower case.
    Save as index and republish and you'll be okay
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

I see what It doing, It was auto saving as "Index" even though I was saving as "index". I saved under a new folder and it fixed it! thanks!

Comment

Glad it worked. Also when you named your Contact Us page, you have a space in the name: contact _us. Your link shows it also so it works but would be best to take the space out of the page name and links. When you to to the Contact Us page it appears as 'contact%20_us.html'.
        Another suggestion: You might also want to make your page not as wide. Recommended is between 800-1000 wide to avoid side-scrolling.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Thanks I will have to make those changes, I didn't take in account the wide screen.

Comment

Working...
          X