I can't find my blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find my blog

I understand to create my blog and then to make links to it but I still can't even find my blog.

what should I do?

Diane
    Diane Milinowski

Re: I can't find my blog

Did you print out the installation page (which shows your root admin access and properly created "directory")?

Have you tried manually typing in the (properly configured direct-to-directory) URL?

Have you 'verified' the "location" of your blog after installation by overlooking your account "tree" via FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel?
    If you have done none of the above, this is the first thing you need to do to "find" it, and thus be able to establish a 'destination' to link it to.

If upon viewing/finding your blog you realize it was imporperly installed in the public_html/ directory with you Main/index page of another website, the reason you are not "seeing" it is because of a conflict: you cannot have 2 index pages within the same directory, and since your blog was installed after your website, it will default to the previous installation -- your website.

When installing a utility (a blog, a forum, etc.) you need to enter a "name" in the little box at the top of the installation page in Fantastico!, which creates a new directory for the new installation to reside, thus preventing a conflict as you may be experiencing now......

Like it or not, you may need to use Fantastico! to uninstall and re-install using the proper procedures.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vas! I hope I can call you that, if not, please let me know. Thank you very much for the assistance. It was the little box in Fantastico that was holding me up. Everything is just fine now.

Diane
      Diane Milinowski

Comment

THANKS vASILI, GOT MINE SORTED WITH YOUR ANSWER
        Jeannine

www.jennadphotography.com

Comment

May I know what the term footer is for?

Comment

Originally posted by scubateknix View Post
            May I know what the term footer is for?
            Exactly what it implies.. Foot.. Bottom, Bottom of website, tail end.. End

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X