Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem openning pages

Hi the community,

I've solved a lot of problems with my site building thanks to your help.
    Here comes one more (hope the last one): it takes too long time for openning my site pages. Does it depend on too much information
    (images, too much colour, etc.). Please help me!
    I can't fix it without you....
    www.serkoti.com

Re: Problem openning pages

Hi Serkoti
    Generally to many unoptimized images and pictures will cause slow load..
    But your site loads OK for me .. Looks Good Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

I have no problem openninging the pages in Sweden.
      It's for my customers sake I'd like to make them open faster.
      Not too many of them have a fast internet connection
      What should I do? What do you mean with optimising pictures?
      Is it just making images smaller or something else.

Comment

It also opens fine for me, one thing I would suggest is to center your pages. I had a scroll bar at the bottom of each and had to center them my self. Try setting the page properties at 800 wide.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, you are the type of user that will appreciate your customers not having fast connections & need fast loading sites with well optimized images/pages. Even the smallest of looking images need to be made web friendly. I am afraid you will have to optimize most of the pages & especially not to use the light box as a gallery.
          With a little work there is no reason you cant have a web page with lots of text & good header & 20 thumbnail images at under 250kb. If many of your customers are on dial up? they wont appreciate any pages lager than this & will come back more often if smaller.
          As a sample, your home page is at 730'kb & gallery pages at 2500kb & can all be got down to 250'ish (& less) for faster loading.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, hope I understand it right - I have to make all the pages smaller and not use the lightbox as a gallery? Is it correct? Can you please guide me in "optimizing" the pages, what exactly should I do?
            serkoti

Comment

Hi, if you are in a situation where many of your visitors may not have a fast connection? Then you will defiantly have to build the pages in a different way.
              Do you now what connections your visitors are on???

The light box is fine for viewing a small gallery if everyone visiting your site has a broadband connection & also assuming the images have been fully optimized.
              If not the light box is for the occasional image only & would not personally recommend it for any more than 1 or 2 images.
              There are many more light box on the web that are free and will load many times faster if a gallery is needed.

Small things like your header image is also at around 150kb & could be brought down to 30/40kb. Lots of changes like this will all add up to bring the total page down in size.

Just as a sample. If you take this link http://www.serkoti.com/Stepfeeder.JPG & put it in this site http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php & press optimize, it will give you a choice of images that are smaller. This one could come down to 120/100kb quite easily.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, I have just optimized both images and pictures. Got first response from my friends - pages are being openning faster. Good news!! Thanks a lot!
                Now, some other questions: is their any way of errasing images and pictures which I once published but don't need now, as they are too big?
                And finally, how can I make pages appear more in one piece, not part-by-part? I have groupped everything together on each and every page but it doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                X