PDA

View Full Version : Problem openning pages

serkoti
05-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi the community,

I've solved a lot of problems with my site building thanks to your help.
Here comes one more (hope the last one): it takes too long time for openning my site pages. Does it depend on too much information
(images, too much colour, etc.). Please help me!
I can't fix it without you....
www.serkoti.com (http://www.serkoti.com)

dougnez
05-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Serkoti
Generally to many unoptimized images and pictures will cause slow load..
But your site loads OK for me .. Looks Good Doug

serkoti
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Doug,

I have no problem openninging the pages in Sweden.
It's for my customers sake I'd like to make them open faster.
Not too many of them have a fast internet connection
What should I do? What do you mean with optimising pictures?
Is it just making images smaller or something else.

D'son
05-23-2008, 11:17 PM
It also opens fine for me, one thing I would suggest is to center your pages. I had a scroll bar at the bottom of each and had to center them my self. Try setting the page properties at 800 wide.

Collectors-info
05-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi, you are the type of user that will appreciate your customers not having fast connections & need fast loading sites with well optimized images/pages. Even the smallest of looking images need to be made web friendly. I am afraid you will have to optimize most of the pages & especially not to use the light box as a gallery.
With a little work there is no reason you cant have a web page with lots of text & good header & 20 thumbnail images at under 250kb. If many of your customers are on dial up? they wont appreciate any pages lager than this & will come back more often if smaller.
As a sample, your home page is at 730'kb & gallery pages at 2500kb & can all be got down to 250'ish (& less) for faster loading.

serkoti
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi, hope I understand it right - I have to make all the pages smaller and not use the lightbox as a gallery? Is it correct? Can you please guide me in "optimizing" the pages, what exactly should I do?
serkoti

Collectors-info
05-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi, if you are in a situation where many of your visitors may not have a fast connection? Then you will defiantly have to build the pages in a different way.
Do you now what connections your visitors are on???

The light box is fine for viewing a small gallery if everyone visiting your site has a broadband connection & also assuming the images have been fully optimized.
If not the light box is for the occasional image only & would not personally recommend it for any more than 1 or 2 images.
There are many more light box on the web that are free and will load many times faster if a gallery is needed.

Small things like your header image is also at around 150kb & could be brought down to 30/40kb. Lots of changes like this will all add up to bring the total page down in size.

Just as a sample. If you take this link http://www.serkoti.com/Stepfeeder.JPG & put it in this site http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php & press optimize, it will give you a choice of images that are smaller. This one could come down to 120/100kb quite easily.

serkoti
05-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi, I have just optimized both images and pictures. Got first response from my friends - pages are being openning faster. Good news!! Thanks a lot!
Now, some other questions: is their any way of errasing images and pictures which I once published but don't need now, as they are too big?
And finally, how can I make pages appear more in one piece, not part-by-part? I have groupped everything together on each and every page but it doesn't help.