Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding java chat

Hello,

I've found a java chat client (*****t) that I have downloaded onto my pc and uploaded into my control panel, in file manager. I tried inserting java into my page and directed it to the control panel public_html. Is this not the right thing to do? Cuz everytime I try to view it, I get my error message saying that my browser does not support Java, when I know it does, so... something's wrong, and I don't know exactly what.
    Dawnee

Re: Adding java chat

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong... I think perhaps it has something to do with "Codebase", because I've been leaving this blank as I have no idea what this is or means. Can someone help me out with that? You can view this page at http://www.fls-riders.com/chat.html
    Dawnee

Comment

Please read HERE rule 10 before implementing. make Shore the software doesn't infringe this before going ahead.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

thanks... didn't know about that... and not really sure if it would break that rule, so, guess i just won't do it
        Dawnee

Comment

if you'd have anyway of telling me if i gave you the info for where i got it and what program it is.... i would be deeply greatful and appreciative?
          Dawnee

Comment

If the program is remotely hosted on another server then u are ok. if you are hosting ie, you have the program running on your vh server with database and files. then yes this would be in breach.

If you post to the software link here i'll check it out.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hey, this is the download site:

and the site i visited to find it is http://javaboutique.internet.com/OKChat/

its referred to as OKChat, but is referenced to as bochichat. It's not a big program at all. Thanks again.
              Dawnee

Comment

To start off the *****t code on this page HERE is wrong. public_html/ should not be there and your missing the end part of that string that finds the page, though i did find your chat room i am not going to post it's position as i believe it might fall short of the TOS of VH. i would check with vh support before you correct it. Support
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

ty very much for all your input and advice
                  Dawnee

Comment

i'll only be having a maximum of 40 people chatting at any one time... so perhaps i can find a diff program to use or something, i don't know. my site is for a spades team i have and am captain of, so basically, only those members will be visiting it, and right now we only have a little over 20 people... but are only allowed a maximum of 40. so, i don't really need to have a lot of added monitoring, i'll probably make the chat part password protected. anyway.... thanks for your help... if you have any other ideas on how i can get my team to be able to chat as a team on that site, lemme know, plz? thanks.
                    Dawnee

Comment

could i maybe create a forum within my site instead? that would allow the same kind of thing that i'm looking for... just not live, which i don't know would be a good thing if it were live anyway, cuz... like i said, there's only 20 something of us, and no telling when they are gonna be on the site and wehn they won't...
                      Dawnee

Comment

Yes you could, and once you have it set up you could password protect it.
                        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

kk, thanks very much :D
                          Dawnee

Comment

Working...
                          X