Can anyone peek at my homepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone peek at my homepage?

I wanted to ask if a few of you could possibly peek at my homepage. I haven't linked anything and before I start cloning, I wanted to check on the format of the pages under the buttons. It seems like a lot of information yet I want everyone to see the book titles so please let me know if you have a different suggestion. Much appreciated! www.cleverthoughts.net
    Lonna

Re: Can anyone peek at my homepage?

Hi, the style & colors look fine. The image looks centered, but the text looks a little to the left of the page. I notice the page is set at 900 wide & it feels at the moment you could of used 800 with the style you have at the moment. But this would involve a bit of re-jigging as it will put the image of center if set to this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You may need to put shadows on the side of the page width you are using or something to draw attention to the center where you're website info is, not everything including white space. Also, there are no links! But you are probably working on it. Great layout so far!
      -Zachary
      www.pebblecrossing.com
      Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Nice logo!
        You might want to check the spelling on This-n-That. I think it needs an extra space after This.
        Other than that the page looks well organized.
        Kind regards,
        Esther

http://www.staywithstyle.net

Comment

Thank you!
          Lonna

Comment

Hello,

I would suggest getting rid of the word "Welcome", and still using the font and underline that you used with the welcome, use "Need a few clever thoughts? We all do!" as your headline for your content.

Nice looking job so far... :)
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi Lonna,
              The following is just a few suggestions for the copy. Your lead didn't make it clear to me what you were offering, I'd ask the questions, but it was faster for me to answer like this. I love your banner and would check out your books from what I saw, nice job!

Need a few clever thoughts? We all do!
              Whether for business or personal, when you need that inspiration to make your life jazzy, visit us! Clever and creative ideas....we've got em!
              We (write?) and market books that give you tons of ideas. From marketing your business to creative gift giving for under $10.00. Our books are available in bookstores across the U.S., online with Amazon.com and many other sites. Our publications are non-fiction and based on in depth research and personal experience. Please check back as we are always adding new titles.
              All the best
              Catherine
              www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

Thanks for all the input! The is a wonderful board and considering all suggestions! Sometimes it is hard to see the obvious when you are knee keep in thought trying to put the site together.
                Thanks again,
                Lonna

Comment

Hi Lonna,

Very clean and crisp website. I like the header logo, did you do it yourself?

Cheers!
                  Cheers,
                  Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
                  A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Very nice home page

Comment

Very neat looking index page. Just two small things:
                      1. A page border or shadow would round off the page content very nicely. IMO.
                      2. The bullets are looking very lonely so far from the text. Move the text column closer to the bullets, using the double arrow mouse cursor when hovering over the column border (just as in tables).
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Maybe your column on the side needs more opacity or a less harsh solid color. Other than that your site looks great!
                        -Zachary
                        www.pebblecrossing.com
                        Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Oh thank you all. Eric - I purchased the template then added the photo of the pears to it. So, no I didn't do it lol. I will look at these suggestions. Tom, I agree on the bullets. I wondered how to fix that, I'll have to give it a try!
                          Lonna

Comment

page "titles" are the same as your page "names"...need to fix titles. For example, the homepage is saved as index.html---this is a page name. However, you also used this for your page title---what shows in tab on browser. Go to page properties box to fix this. Also your links to other pages are opening in separate window, but need to open in the same window.
                            on links, leave the target area empty...no words there at all...to open in same window. Mainly use the target _blank on links that leave your site so that your site is still in their browser. Good Luck :)
                            Karen Williams
                            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Gotcha karen, thank you!
                              Lonna

Comment

Working...
                              X