Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I transfer email to BlueVoda

Hi There

Anyone out there know how I transfer an existing domain and business email to Blue Voda. My current hosting company has let me down in a 'big' way and I've already moved one domain to Blue voda who are hosting my websitie www.mhconsulting.ie and I wish to move another business website with associated email as well. I just don't know how to do it or organise it. I find it difficult to get direct support on this type of activity as you can't call anyone directly to find out what's involved. Obviously we cannot afford any interruption to service we are a functioning Business so I'm wary of getting involved with a company who don't seem to have any one point of contact for new customers except over the web. this worries me as if our email went out of service who would be there to get it back online???? Can anyone help me out with this. rdgs, Gerardine.

Re: How do I transfer email to BlueVoda

That happen to me. I'm going to tell you now. It is long and hard to do this. It took 3 weeks to transfer just the domain name to voda host. STAY ON TOP OF BOTH YOUR CURRENT HOST AND VODA HOST. the ONLY thing you can do FOR e-mail is:
    1) make sure that the e-mail service you have is going to close.
    2) when you start using blue voda, you need to use the cpanel to set up temporary e-mail.
    3) you HAVE to forward ALL e-mail to your temporary e-mail folder.
    4) once you have done that, close the account where you use to get mail from. it as to be close first before taking step 5.
    5) create the exact same e-mail address in cpanel like your original.
    6) go to your temp... e-mail and forward it your original e-mail address now set up in your Cpanel.

Now for the webpage: you going to have to do 1 or 2 things.

1) download BlueVoda,
    2) goto FILE, NEW PAGE, FROM EXISTING HTML PAGE.
    3) A pop up window shows up, select REMOTE (ON THE INTERNET)
    4) type in the web page you want to copy from starting with "http://"
    5) once loaded, keep in mind that whatever element, programs you have, will not show or work. you have to rebuild it from the start.
    6) repeat 1 thru 5 for other pages.
    7) when done, edit and fix your web page while you wait for your current host to close your account and open your domain status to OPEN and not FIX, LOCKED or PARKED. to check this, go to any "WHOIS" website via google and see if your domain is out of PARKED or LOCKED status. whois.com or search "Who Is".

OR Start allover again. (which is what i end up doing).

this may take 2 to 4 weeks for your current provider to shut down and transfer to your new server.

good luck my friend & stay cool about the whole thing. it going to be one of the longest 2 to 4 weeks of your business career. thats how long you are NOT going to have a website and email address... It happened to me.

Comment

Re: How do I transfer email to BlueVoda

Hi cpuBasics1,

thanks for the reply, I'm just getting used to this forum, which I have to say is far from easy. Thanks for the warning. I think I'll put my Business email elsewhere for now! I can't take the chance that Voda Host will not provide a working Business Email. I will get them to host my webpages tho as I manage to work that out at least. No offense to Voda Host, as I find their website building software really easy to use, but they have not been the easiest support group to deal with. I've gotten frustrated and had some really inappropriate support message in return

I wouldn't be asking for help if I didn't need it and if I'm using the service incorrecty then its obvious I'm in trouble. Isn't that what customer support is all about???

Best Regards
      Gerardine.

Comment

Working...
      X