X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues publishing some pages

Hi

I have created 5 pages using the BV builder and I have a Vodahost account. I published the first few pages ok and they went live. However, since then, I cannot get the final pages to publish although they are saying successfully published.

I seemed to be able to publish www.personalweightloss.org and it shows the index page, which links fine to www.personalweightloss.org/step1.html but I can't publish the contact page or the success or failure pages.

I have tried to publish contact.bvp, success.bvp and failure.bvp. Each time it has said successfully published but when I try to link to them from the text menu links it throws up Error 404. I have checked the links which all look fine.

I have been through a lot of the threds and tried all the advice but to no avail.

Also, when I looked into my files, the index page which I have published and is showing on the internet is not available in my BlueVoda file. It did crash out at one stage today so I don't know whether this is causing an issue?

There is an index page saved but it is a much older version with none of the saved changes on it. I really need my site up and running - any ideas?

Thank you!

Re: Issues publishing some pages

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Hi

I have created 5 pages using the BV builder and I have a Vodahost account. I published the first few pages ok and they went live. However, since then, I cannot get the final pages to publish although they are saying successfully published.

I seemed to be able to publish www.personalweightloss.org and it shows the index page, which links fine to www.personalweightloss.org/step1.html but I can't publish the contact page or the success or failure pages.

I have tried to publish contact.bvp, success.bvp and failure.bvp. Each time it has said successfully published but when I try to link to them from the text menu links it throws up Error 404. I have checked the links which all look fine.

I have been through a lot of the threds and tried all the advice but to no avail.

Also, when I looked into my files, the index page which I have published and is showing on the internet is not available in my BlueVoda file. It did crash out at one stage today so I don't know whether this is causing an issue?

There is an index page saved but it is a much older version with none of the saved changes on it. I really need my site up and running - any ideas?

Thank you!
    here's a clue...

Your contact page you have linked to

http://www.personalweightloss.org/ContactUs.html (which doesn't exist)

But it should be:

However, go look at your contact page... you have some serious coding issues going on there?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi

I submitted a ticket and was advised to do the following:

1) open the file in Blue Voda
      2) click on page properties and change the file extension to html
      3) republish

I did this which has resulted in lots of coding showing above the web page!

I have now been advised to:

1) they can't help me any further
      2) use the forum for help instead

I know that the link is incorrect on the index page, however the index page has disappeared from my BlueVoda file and the only index page still there is an older version without a lot of the content on that is on the published page.

My questions are:

1) what can I do now? I need my website to be functional!
      2) why did the first pages publish ok (without changing the file extension!) but no subsequent pages will publish?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Comment

Pip,

Forgot to ask you for your email address when you called. Can you email me with it please.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Good writing

Good writing. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed my Google News Reader. GP, RS GUIDE, RS-PL,,MS-MESOS, well, I love my site, let’s try our best together, size everyday, and think just do it, I can!
          GpRunescape.com

Comment

I am having the same problem! I am using version 10.1. I have just updated. The majority of the site was done is anearlier version. I have created three new pages. I used the publish link to publish all of them. My index page as well as other oages I changed are updated and working. These 3 new pages are not. One thing I noticed is when I go to save them all my previous pages show up in blue type and these new ones are in black type. What am I doing wrong?

Problem pages: pigroastrsvp, pigroastthanks

Any help would bre greatly appreciated.

Comment

How did you resolve the problem? csvarilek@heavenshill.net

Comment

Originally posted by corinnasue View Post
                I am having the same problem! I am using version 10.1. I have just updated. The majority of the site was done is anearlier version. I have created three new pages. I used the publish link to publish all of them. My index page as well as other oages I changed are updated and working. These 3 new pages are not. One thing I noticed is when I go to save them all my previous pages show up in blue type and these new ones are in black type. What am I doing wrong?
                Originally posted by corinnasue View Post

Problem pages: pigroastrsvp, pigroastthanks

Any help would bre greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi corrinasue,

Can you please start your own thread and post your problems there?

This is Pip's thread and his problem should be resolved first.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                X