Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Java Code -- popup radio code

Hello,

I am trying to insert some code into my web home page, but, I'm not quite sure if I should just insert it into the html source code of the page, insert as java code, or insert as javascript code. I've tried all three.... but apparently, I'm doing something wrong... cuz its just not working! Its only 2 lines of code and 4 files that I need inserted, and I was just wondering how I'd go about it?

It's a stand alone radio that is dedicated to the radio station our spades league runs. (internet radio) They gave me the code to install it... just not sure how, plz help. Here's the instructions I received:

Add the paragraph below somewhere in the "HEAD" area of your website. (after <head> and before </HEAD>)

<script language="Javacsript" type="text/Javascript">
    <!--
    function OpenNewWindow() {
    MyWindow=window.open('radio/index.html', 'PopUpRadio', 'status=0, toolbar=0, location=0, menubar=0, directories=0, resizeable=0, height=140, width=250')
    }
    -->
    </script>

And below is the pushbutton to activate it, it has to be in the body of your page (after <BODY> and before </BODY>) You can experiment with the sive and location numbers to help place it where you want.

<DIV
    style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 60px; WIDTH: 195px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 300px; HEIGHT: 237px">
    <FORM action="radio/index.html" method="post"><p align=center><INPUT name="OpenWindow" style="WIDTH: 100px; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 30px" type="button" size=66 value="Pop-Up Radio" onclick="OpenNewWindow()"/></p></FORM>
    </div>

And finally, you'll have to place the folder with all the files in it in the same directory as the website on your server. It HAS to be named "radio" (no caps) to work. I sent it as a ZIP file, so you need to blow it back up first.
    Dawnee

Re: Adding Java Code -- popup radio code

OK, the 1st paragraph will go into your page html (right click on an empty area of your page and select "Page HTML"). Click on the "Between Head Tag" tab and insert the code. Then, click on the "Beginning of Body" tab and insert the 2nd paragraph.
    You will then have to unzip the " radio " folder and FTP it to your public_html file/folder.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Ok, so... next stupid question... how do I gain access to my ftp accounts so that I can upload into it? I've created one... but can't see how to log into it? I've only been using the file manager and file manager legacy for my uploading, so I've no idea how to do this part....
      Dawnee

Comment

You will "drag and drop" the radio folder from the left side (local files) to the public_html folder (remote files)
        That's it.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Thanks Terry,

You've been a lifesaver for me all through this! Thanks a lot! All I have left to do on my site now, is figure out why 2 of my graphs that I posted onto one of my pages aren't showing up, lol.... you've been a tremendous help! Thanks
          Dawnee

Comment

You're welcome
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...