PDA

View Full Version : Need help with form

Bird
01-19-2006, 05:39 AM
I am starting to build my graphic form order.
I do not have images on yet, but its a start. I saved it, published it, and trying to check it out by sending info to myself, it doesn't work. Wanted to check it out before it goes to paypal submission.

I am eventually going to have the Buy Button go to paypal.

What am I doing wrong? Need some help please.

Here is the form I made.
http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.html

navaldesign
01-19-2006, 06:15 AM
I am starting to build my graphic form order.
I do not have images on yet, but its a start. I saved it, published it, and trying to check it out by sending info to myself, it doesn't work. Wanted to check it out before it goes to paypal submission.

I am eventually going to have the Buy Button go to paypal.

What am I doing wrong? Need some help please.

Here is the form I made.

You have used the mailto: option for sending the form data to your email. The result depends on your (or your visitor's) email client settings. So you'd better go for the php processing script as it is described in the forms tutorials. However, if you have to redirect your client to Paypal, you should better use a script that after submission gets the visitor to a thankyou page, where he is explained that his order has been received, and it will become active after payment, then prompt him to click on the Paypal button.

Bird
01-19-2006, 07:03 AM
You have used the mailto: option for sending the form data to your email. The result depends on your (or your visitor's) email client settings. So you'd better go for the php processing script as it is described in the forms tutorials. However, if you have to redirect your client to Paypal, you should better use a script that after submission gets the visitor to a thankyou page, where he is explained that his order has been received, and it will become active after payment, then prompt him to click on the Paypal button.

Thanks for the help, navaldesign, very much appreciated.
Now if I can just find the form tutorial on how to do this, I might make some progress.

So I should have paypal button there instead of buy now, to direct them to paypal, and hopefully come back to fill out the form. Is this right? I definately need a thank you for your order, so they will know, it has been processed.

I have to find out how to do the paypal processing script...

navaldesign
01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the help, navaldesign, very much appreciated.
Now if I can just find the form tutorial on how to do this, I might make some progress.

So I should have paypal button there instead of buy now, to direct them to paypal, and hopefully come back to fill out the form. Is this right? I definately need a thank you for your order, so they will know, it has been processed.

I have to find out how to do the paypal processing script...

It is exactly the other way round. First they fill in your form. In your form you can have a Drop Down list, so visitor will choose the product they need to buy or however customize their order. Upon submission, the processing script redirects them the Order Confirmation and Thankyou Page. On that page, you will have your "Check Out" or "BUY NOW!" or "Complete Order!" or "Secure Payment" button, which will be your Paypal Button (Paypal Buttons can be customized: when you download the Paypal Button you are given the opportunity to use as button an image that you have created to better suit your site, then you download the code from Paypal with your button and the encrypted code that redirects the visitor to the Paypal site). By clicking on that button your visitor is redirected to Paypal where he completes the paymen, and then he gets redirected again on your site to continue with shopping or surfing. At this point the page he gets redirected to can be a page with a messagge like: "Thanks for your purchase. Your order shall be processed within 1 day from receiving payment confirmation." or something like that.

As for the tutorials on forms, they are at
http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt/custom_bluevoda_basicform.htm

and

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt/custom_bluevoda_formelements.htm

Use the php version (read carefully the text under the tutorial, regarding the php processing script.

If you need help with the script, post again.

Bird
01-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Sorry, few more questions.
I can put on a paypal button, where they can pay. Make a Thank You page..html??

OK, now how can they fill out the order form and choose the different font, color, graphic, in a drop down menu. Do I need a paypal button for them to pay, and then another submit button to send me the info as what they have chosen? Little confused. How will it get back to me what they ordered? With all the graphics and differrent colors and texts, it would be very hard to set up a paypal button for each one.

Bird
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM
It is exactly the other way round. First they fill in your form. In your form you can have a Drop Down list, so visitor will choose the product they need to buy or however customize their order. Upon submission, the processing script redirects them the Order Confirmation and Thankyou Page. On that page, you will have your "Check Out" or "BUY NOW!" or "Complete Order!" or "Secure Payment" button, which will be your Paypal Button (Paypal Buttons can be customized: when you download the Paypal Button you are given the opportunity to use as button an image that you have created to better suit your site, then you download the code from Paypal with your button and the encrypted code that redirects the visitor to the Paypal site). By clicking on that button your visitor is redirected to Paypal where he completes the paymen, and then he gets redirected again on your site to continue with shopping or surfing. At this point the page he gets redirected to can be a page with a messagge like: "Thanks for your purchase. Your order shall be processed within 1 day from receiving payment confirmation." or something like that.

As for the tutorials on forms, they are at
http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt/custom_bluevoda_basicform.htm

and

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt/custom_bluevoda_formelements.htm

Use the php version (read carefully the text under the tutorial, regarding the php processing script.

If you need help with the script, post again.

Thanks..........I posted just a few minutes after you. I will check the above links again. Thanks for doing the checking for me. I have to sign off right now. I will post back later (today or the next few days), if I get stuck again. Confused on what I have to offer as multiple choices like which image, blue color text, what font, etc...
Will be putting scroll boxes at the top for the mutliple choices, and the the drop down list boxes for them to choose.

Have a GREAT DAY & THANKS!!

Bird
01-19-2006, 05:44 PM

Is this correct? Make script below in notepad and save as oderform.php
Now use BlueFTP (http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/ftpsyms/custom_bluevoda_blueftp.htm) upload the above .php file to your web server and place it in your public_html folder.
http:/???/www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php (http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php) without the ???

HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
$mailto = Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com (Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com); replacing example with my isp
$mailsubj = "Animated Sparkle Name Order";
$mailhead = "From: $email\n";
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
$mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{
$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
}
mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, when I add the paypal button for them to pay, then redirect them back to the order form page.
Will they get a Thank You page?

How can I check to see if it works, without going to paypal to pay myself...LOL

navaldesign
01-19-2006, 07:34 PM

Is this correct? Make script below in notepad and save as oderform.php
Now use BlueFTP (http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/ftpsyms/custom_bluevoda_blueftp.htm) upload the above .php file to your web server and place it in your public_html folder.
http:/???/www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php (http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php) without the ???

HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
$mailto = Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com (Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com); replacing example with my isp
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
{
}
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, when I add the paypal button for them to pay, then redirect them back to the order form page.
Will they get a Thank You page?

How can I check to see if it works, without going to paypal to pay myself...LOL

The script itself is correct. However you should organize your work as follows:

1. Your clients go to your Order Page, where they make their oprions about their buy. The click on SUBMIT and the data get's to you.
2. Uppon submission, they get to your Order Confirmation Page, where they are informed that their order has been received. Personally, I would use another script to keep the processing script separate from the Order Confirmation Page. The reason for that is because when you mix the processing script with the visual part, your client gets a confirmation message even in the case that the email has not really been sent to you.
3. In your Order Confirmation page, put the Paypal BUY NOW button, and a prompt to your client to procceed to Secure Payment so his order becomes active.
4. When they click on the BUY NOW button they get redirected to the Paypal site. There, they pay and then get Redirected to your site. Paypal gives you the chance to redirect them back to whatever page on your site, under ceratin conditionsn (read more on their site). However this page will tell them that their order becomes active as soon as Paypal lets you know that the payment has been completed . Also put a button to get them to your homepage or to continue with another product.
5. without the ??? but with two /
6. You only have to make sure that the form works well. After you are 100% sure, download and paste the Paypal BUY NOW button in your Order Confirmation page. At that point it is quite difficult to make any mistake.

navaldesign
01-20-2006, 07:09 AM
I also noticed a few more things:
1. Your choice dropdowns all have the same name, D1. Change them according to their function
2. Your background immage is linked to a non existing http://www.fromtheheatofangels.com/orderform.html (one r less in heart)
3. Your php page seems to be a mix of your orderform.html and the script (?)
4. Name the email field simply "email" so it will work with the script provided in the tutorials. Otherwise you will get a From .......(blank) email, though your visitors email will get to you as "your email address ?????@???????.com"

Try to keep the visual part and the processing part separate. If you need help post again.

Bird
01-20-2006, 11:33 AM
The script itself is correct. However you should organize your work as follows:

1. Your clients go to your Order Page, where they make their oprions about their buy. The click on SUBMIT and the data get's to you.
2. Uppon submission, they get to your Order Confirmation Page, where they are informed that their order has been received. Personally, I would use another script to keep the processing script separate from the Order Confirmation Page. The reason for that is because when you mix the processing script with the visual part, your client gets a confirmation message even in the case that the email has not really been sent to you.
3. In your Order Confirmation page, put the Paypal BUY NOW button, and a prompt to your client to procceed to Secure Payment so his order becomes active.
4. When they click on the BUY NOW button they get redirected to the Paypal site. There, they pay and then get Redirected to your site. Paypal gives you the chance to redirect them back to whatever page on your site, under ceratin conditionsn (read more on their site). However this page will tell them that their order becomes active as soon as Paypal lets you know that the payment has been completed . Also put a button to get them to your homepage or to continue with another product.
5. without the ??? but with two /
6. You only have to make sure that the form works well. After you are 100% sure, download and paste the Paypal BUY NOW button in your Order Confirmation page. At that point it is quite difficult to make any mistake.

Thanks..
I have corrected the html page, from what you said in the post above.

Now on what you said here

Confused on how to make the Order confirmation Page, or is that done when uploading the php file?

And do I save the notepad php to the BlueVoda in my Bluevoda Document files? Or somewhere else?

Bird
01-20-2006, 11:50 AM
copied the script above in notepad, save as type

I have a *.txt extension?
how do I name it?
orderform.php
order form *.txt

encoding? ANSI

LOL...I will get through this...

navaldesign
01-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks..
I have corrected the html page, from what you said in the post above.

Now on what you said here

Confused on how to make the Order confirmation Page, or is that done when uploading the php file?

Using the script that is provided in the tutorial as is will only bring up on your visitors screen a white page with a "Thanks for your order!" message. You can do two things:

1. Create a normal BV page as Order Confirmation Page and then insert the script there. To understand how to do this, please visit http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/933-another-forms-question.html post nr 7 and follow Pablo's instructions on how to publish this page with a php extension.

or you can:

2. Create or have created a php script just for the processing part, which then automatically gets your visitor to the Order Confirmation Page. The script itself is invisible to your visitor. If you go for this option i can provide you the script if you need help. The advantages of this solution is that you can have Error pages inserted, to let your visitor know if something (if anything) goes wrong, and you can also have validation of the fields.

In both cases, in the Order Confirmation Page insert the Paypal button. So they click once more, to get redirected to the Paypal site.

Oh, your background picture still has that link i think. What do you need it for?

Bird
01-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Using the script that is provided in the tutorial as is will only bring up on your visitors screen a white page with a "Thanks for your order!" message. You can do two things:

1. Create a normal BV page as Order Confirmation Page and then insert the script there. To understand how to do this, please visit http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/933-another-forms-question.html post nr 7 and follow Pablo's instructions on how to publish this page with a php extension.

or you can:

2. Create or have created a php script just for the processing part, which then automatically gets your visitor to the Order Confirmation Page. The script itself is invisible to your visitor. If you go for this option i can provide you the script if you need help. The advantages of this solution is that you can have Error pages inserted, to let your visitor know if something (if anything) goes wrong, and you can also have validation of the fields.

In both cases, in the Order Confirmation Page insert the Paypal button. So they click once more, to get redirected to the Paypal site.

Oh, your background picture still has that link i think. What do you need it for?

HELP!! HELP!!!

I tried to do as you said, and by Pablo's instruction. I have done something wrong!
#1. I know my page isn't done just yet, maybe thats what is wrong.
The submit button isn't working, on the order form. I have no idea what I did wrong.
#2. On confirmation page, I too have the > on top of page in the preview page in Blue Voda. So the code must not be right there either.
Help again, please.

This is what I put inside the body tag on the confrimation page

<?PHP
$mailto = "Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@????.com"; .........I took my addy out to place here
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
{
}
?>

Bird
01-21-2006, 11:27 AM
I think I answered the #2 question above.
I got rid of the >

Pablo said to put inside body tag on his post.
I could not get the > in the right place

I redone it and placed it in the tab labeled...Beginning of Body, it is now gone.

navaldesign
01-21-2006, 11:34 AM
HELP!! HELP!!!

I tried to do as you said, and by Pablo's instruction. I have done something wrong!
#1. I know my page isn't done just yet, maybe thats what is wrong.
The submit button isn't working, on the order form. I have no idea what I did wrong.
#2. On confirmation page, I too have the > on top of page in the preview page in Blue Voda. So the code must not be right there either.
Help again, please.

This is what I put inside the body tag on the confrimation page

<?PHP
$mailto = "Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@????.com"; .........I took my addy out to place here
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
{
}
?>

It seems that there might be a form problem and not a php script problem.First, please extend the form area towards the bottom of your page. It seems as though your Submit and Reset buttons are outside the form area, so they won't work. To make sure they are ok, do as i told you, then go in preview and try entering some text in the fields. Click on the Reset button to see if it resets the field content. If not, delete the Submit and Reset buttons, and re-install them from scratch. After we will see if it works or not. Also please create a confirmation page without the form itself, it is only supposed to give your customer a confirmation that his order details have been transmitted, so you don't need the form anymore.

Bird
01-21-2006, 11:48 AM
It seems that there might be a form problem and not a php script problem.First, please extend the form area towards the bottom of your page. It seems as though your Submit and Reset buttons are outside the form area, so they won't work. To make sure they are ok, do as i told you, then go in preview and try entering some text in the fields. Click on the Reset button to see if it resets the field content. If not, delete the Submit and Reset buttons, and re-install them from scratch. After we will see if it works or not. Also please create a confirmation page without the form itself, it is only supposed to give your customer a confirmation that his order details have been transmitted, so you don't need the form anymore.

WOW!!!! You are soooooooooo right!
The buttons work now, they were outside of the form area. They both work now. But I got a
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer
after submitting

navaldesign
01-21-2006, 11:58 AM
WOW!!!! You are soooooooooo right!
The buttons work now, they were outside of the form area. They both work now. But I got a
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer
after submitting

That's because you have set the action to "order.php" instead of "orderform.php"

Bird
01-21-2006, 12:26 PM
OK, I have action set to orderform.php

will not bring up the confirmation page I have saved and published. Brings up the same orderform.

Is it correct the confirmation page is saved as order.bvp (or html)and file extension set as php

{edit} On graphics page when I click on Order I get this http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.html

when I submit it brings up this page..........................................http ://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php

?

navaldesign
01-21-2006, 12:39 PM
OK, I have action set to orderform.php

will not bring up the confirmation page I have saved and published. Brings up the same orderform.

Is it correct the confirmation page is saved as order.bvp (or html)and file extension set as php

Hold on a moment Bird,

the reason it brings up the same order form is because you have made the two pages visually identical.

Create an Order Confirmation Page that has the script inside it. Visually it must be different from your Orderform page.Lets call it, to have ideas clear, "confirmation.php" This page is a page that you build in BV, then you insert the php script as in Pablo's instructions, and then, before publishing, you go to page properties and change the extension for publishing in php. On your form properties instead, change the action to "confirmation.php". Please do so because i think we are mixing up everything. Try and let me know. I'll be offline for 1 - 2 hours, but go on and i'll see the results.

Bird
01-22-2006, 06:34 AM
I finally got both pages working, but it doesn't send any mail to my email inbox? I have OutlookExpress.

navaldesign
01-22-2006, 07:34 AM
I finally got both pages working, but it doesn't send any mail to my email inbox? I have OutlookExpress.

Please email me the BV file of the confirmation page. I want to check the script and it's positioning inside the page. Use support@navaldesign.it

navaldesign
01-22-2006, 11:02 AM

Ok Bird,

here's the script:

<?php

// Receiving variables from the form
@$image = addslashes($_POST['image']);
@$text_color = addslashes($_POST['text_color']);
@$text_font = addslashes($_POST['text_font']);
@$name_to_add_with_image = addslashes($_POST['name_to_add_with_image']);
@$email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
@$comments = addslashes($_POST['comments']);
@$black_or_dark = addslashes($_POST['black_or_dark']);
@$white_or_black = addslashes($_POST['white_or_black']);

//Sending Email

$pfw_header = "From: $email\n"
. "Reply-To: $email\n";
$pfw_subject = "Animated Sparkle Name Order";
$pfw_email_to = "Graphics@fromtheheartofangels.com";
$pfw_message = "image: $image\n"
. "text_color: $text_color\n"
. "text_font: $text_font\n"
. "name_to_add_with_image: $name_to_add_with_image\n"
. "email: $email\n"
. "comments: $comments\n"
. "black_or_dark: $black_or_dark\n"
. "white_or_black: $white_or_black\n";
*****($pfw_email_to, $pfw_subject ,$pfw_message ,$pfw_header ) ;
header("Location: confirmation1.html");
?>

Copy and paste it in notepad. Save it as "confirmation" . Upload it on your server. Since it will be uploaded as "confirmation.txt", use Blue FTP to rename it in "confirmation.php". If you have already changed the form encoding type in "multipart/form data" simply test the form

Bird
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Still not working, no emails in my inbox

here is the script I uploaded from notepad, changed to php

<?php
@$white_or_light = addslashes($_POST['white_or_light']);
//Sending Email
. "white_or_light: $white_or_light\n";
?>

navaldesign
01-23-2006, 08:29 AM

<?php
//Sending Email
?>

Bird, your confirmation.php page is still the same. Please remove (delete) it and then upload the script as it is as confirmation.php. Don't mix it with any BV page

navaldesign
01-23-2006, 08:37 AM

<?php
//Sending Email
?>

Also please chek if your email, which i inserted in the script, is correct or maybe i typed it in wrong

navaldesign
01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Bird

I really think that there is something done wrong . I have re-created your Order, php, and confirmation pages, exactly the way that my instructions show, and i have published it on my site. You can check it out at:

http://www.navaldesign.info/bird/orderform.html

The email get to me perfectly well also. Please test it and let me know.

Bird
02-04-2006, 09:12 PM
need help again...LOL

Took off the radio buttons, added the combo box to choose white or black
seems like the radio buttons were not working right. They were coming as both white and black, no matter what I chose.

Besides, I think the combo goes with the order form better.

What do I need to change in the below script, to the background changing.

<?php
//Sending Email
?>

Also, the error page hasn't showed, if they ordered, and something wasn't right. Not showing on the website order form.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/ordererror.html

navaldesign
02-04-2006, 09:36 PM
need help again...LOL

Took off the radio buttons, added the combo box to choose white or black
seems like the radio buttons were not working right. They were coming as both white and black, no matter what I chose.

Besides, I think the combo goes with the order form better.

What do I need to change in the below script, to the background changing.

<?php
@$background= addslashes($_POST['background']);
//Sending Email
. "background: $background\n";
?>

Also, the error page hasn't showed, if they ordered, and something wasn't right. Not showing on the website order form.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/ordererror.html

Hi Bird, name the combobox"background" and copy the modified text in notepad, go to Save as, chose file type "All files", and save it as confirmation.php . You must first delete from your computer the old "confirmation.php" or else it will be saved as "confirmation.php(2)". Then upload it on the server using BlueFTP. In the combo box put all the choices you want. The important is that you name it "background"

No error page appears because there is no validation in your script. On the other hand, the only validation i can think of is the email, since, as you have created your form, there is a truelike default value in all fields. You should put a "Please chose" item in your drop down lists, with null value, so the script could verify if they entered something or not. If you modify it, i can prepare you another script with validation of the fields.

Another suggestion: Not many people know how all those fonts look like, so you must either create another frame with one or two words written in every kind of font, with a font number for them to chose, like you have fro the images, or, prompt them to a separate page with the fonts and then have them back to submit the form.

By the way, is it you testing the form in my site? I've been receiving two emails.

Bird
02-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks Navaldesign.

I now have the new confirmation.php uploaded, and it works perfect!

I am working on the images, colors, and fonts in-line frames, once done, I can upload them. I still have along ways to go with them, as I have very little time to work on them, as this form has taken me back a little.

Yes, that was me, testing.

On the order error page, how would I use a script, to make sure they fill the right fields out before they submit? I thought once they purchase, I would confirm with a reply back to them by email, to make sure the right ones were selected, before I made the image.

navaldesign
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks Navaldesign.

I now have the new confirmation.php uploaded, and it works perfect!

I am working on the images, colors, and fonts in-line frames, once done, I can upload them. I still have along ways to go with them, as I have very little time to work on them, as this form has taken me back a little.

Yes, that was me, testing.

On the order error page, how would I use a script, to make sure they fill the right fields out before they submit? I thought once they purchase, I would confirm with a reply back to them by email, to make sure the right ones were selected, before I made the image.

You will anyway have their info because Paypal sends you e payment confirmation mail, which includes their info. However, we can make a script that checks for empty filds and truelike email address. Let me know exactly what you want and i'l ll make it.

Bird
02-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Hate to bother you with more.

Would it be possible to make a script to check for empty fills, and truelike email addresses, which will go to the ordererror page, that I listed above, I made a link back on the error page for them to go back to the order form.

navaldesign
02-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hate to bother you with more.

Would it be possible to make a script to check for empty fills, and truelike email addresses, which will go to the ordererror page, that I listed above, I made a link back on the error page for them to go back to the order form.

No problem. Giive me a couple of days because i'm going out of town for work. I'll be back By Wednesday morning.

Bird
02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
No problem.

navaldesign
02-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought i'd better finish with the new script now. So here it goes:

<?php
@$background = addslashes($_POST['background']);
// Validation for empty fields and email
if (strlen($image) == 0 )
{
header("Location: image_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($text_color) == 0 )
{
header("Location: color_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($text_font) == 0 )
{
header("Location: text_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($name_to_add_with_image) == 0 )
{
header("Location: name_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
{
header("Location: email_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($email) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($background) == 0 )
{
header("Location: background_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
//Sending Email to form owner
?>

Follow exactly the same instructions as with the last script. Please note that you MUST create a single error page for every error type: in fact you must build a single page and save it under different names changing the error message from page to page. So you have to create the following pages:

image_errorpage.html, color_errorpage.html, text_errorpage.html, name_errorpage.html, email_errorpage.html, background_errorpage.html

Have a look at

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/email_errorpage.html

and

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/name_errorpage.html

To create the Back to Form Button, go to forms, Advanced Button, insert a button in your page, double click on it to edit it, chose Button Type "On click" and action "Go to the previous page". You can edit the button tect exactly as with normal text. You can change the fill in a color that suits you, you can add border ecc.

Should you need further help , let me know.

Bird
02-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Navaldesign, I have done all the above.

All the error pages are done, saved and published, but when filling out the form only the name, and email work. I get the error pages on these, then when filled out right, I get the confirmation page.

I get no error on image, text color, or text font, or background. The form still arrives in my email box as Please choose.

I am getting so close, to getting the graphics done and uploaded, but this is really throwing me off.

?

Bird
02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow! I finally got it to work!

I left the fields blank, and checked it as selected. Now they are all working perfect, I sent an order to my email box, tada, it arrived with the correct filled out fields. I also replied to myself (LOL), with a finished graphic, and it arrived in my regualr email inbox.Works perfect!!

Thank You Navaldesign, for taking this much time in helping us here at VodaHost.

For all you out there that is attempting this, it might be a struggle, but it is well worth it. When you finally get it, it makes you feel like you are standing on top of a mountain! Words cannot express how I feel as I have accomplished it.

Thank You Navaldesign, and all of you here at VodaHost!!

Check it out, how it has come along. Once I get the graphics uploaded, the confirmation page will have the paypal button to submit payment. So if you want to test it out, you can stop at the confirmation page, no need in going any further, unles you want one, and want to buy.

quyhurry
02-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Wow, Congratulations Bird!
I envy you :)
Anyway, can you tell us again step by step how you do it please?
In my case, I need only 3 fields to validate and dont know yet how to modify the script and where to put it.
If you tell me how you finally get it, may be I can figure out my errors.
I need from the validation step only.
Thank you very much.
Quy

Bird
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Not sure if I can be of help. Navaldesign is out of town at the moment, said he would be back Wednesday morning.

What I did, and what I can see of your page.
Go to your BlueVoda Site builder, open your page. double click the box you want.

first one will be name click OK
second box will be email click OK
third box will be comments click OK or essay, what ever you call the last box

when you get all three done, save page as (making sure you have Save as type all files in the field at the bottom chose) then proceed with the essay.html, click save.

Next, after saving the page, publish it.
Open your page, you might have to refresh the page.
Then test it by sending to your self.

Hope this helps you, post back, so when navaldesign sees this, he can come to your rescue.

quyhurry
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Also (among many things) that I dont understand is the line at the end of the script
Do you make a confirmation page and save as confirmation1.html?
Thank you,

Bird
02-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Also (among many things) that I dont understand is the line at the end of the script
Do you make a confirmation page and save as confirmation1.html?
Thank you,

Yes... make a confirmation page and save as confirmation1.html
check my site out, and look at the address when you get to the last page. (the confirmation page)
Make sure you save as and then publish it. Very important steps here.

quyhurry
02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh you are here:)
Thxs Bird.
One more thing, you put the new script indice body tag of confirmation1.html to replace the old script (from Pablo) ?
How about the php page then? We still need it and upload to the server by using blueftp? Please reply.
Thank you very much
Quy

quyhurry
02-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Reviewing this thread I assume that you made the follwing pages:
http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php
http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/confirmation1.html
many other errors pages according to the required fileds.

Am i correct? Or are there any other pages?
Thxs Bird

RPW
02-07-2006, 11:53 PM
PROBLEM ONE
I added a text box at the last moment to a form which means that when I get the email of the details the name of person 2 is at the end rather than the start. See below. Does anyone know how to correct this ?

Values submitted from web site form:
name1 : Mr A Relative
address1 : 123 Main Street
address2 : Main town
address3 : State
email : abc******.com (abc******.com)
comments : This is a test RSVP message
name1_Yes_-_I__can_attend (http://www.frankmmorrow.com/wedding.htmlname1_Yes_-_I__can_attend) :
Submit : Submit
name2 : Mrs B Relative
name2_No_-_I_can_not_attend

quyhurry
02-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I know the problem cause it happened to me.
I guess the order of the values appearing on the email received depend on the order when you create the boxes and not on the positions on the form.
I correct it by deleting all boxes and carefully re-create the boxes according the order that I want them to appear on emails that I receive.
I don't know if there is another way to do it or not but that's my way)
Hope this will help
Quy

RPW
02-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks. I thought I might have to do that. If anyone knows a quicker way, let me know.

jabird60
02-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey do you know how to valadate the Felds in a form for like a regastration if you do will you tell me how thank

navaldesign
02-08-2006, 05:33 AM
PROBLEM ONE
I added a text box at the last moment to a form which means that when I get the email of the details the name of person 2 is at the end rather than the start. See below. Does anyone know how to correct this ?

Values submitted from web site form:
name1 : Mr A Relative
address1 : 123 Main Street
address2 : Main town
address3 : State
email : abc******.com (abc******.com)
comments : This is a test RSVP message
name1_Yes_-_I__can_attend (http://www.frankmmorrow.com/wedding.htmlname1_Yes_-_I__can_attend) :
Submit : Submit
name2 : Mrs B Relative
name2_No_-_I_can_not_attend

Hello to everyone !

The procedure is quite simple, and maybe in the next Days i'll post a small tutorial int the Tips & Trics section of the forum.

Emailng the form data consists of two basic parts:

1. The html form page, where your form lives
2. The php file, that proccesses all the form info, eventually performs validation of the fields, gathers some some additional info like IP address, browser version and includes the Server Date and Time (all this if they are implemented in the script), and then creates and sends the email.

Form fields validation (otherwise called error checking) means that you must give your visitor a message to tell him what he has done wrong, then redirect him BACK to the form. So this involves the creation of auxiliary "error_page.html" page(s). This is what i prefer to do, making usually one page, than changing the error message and saving it under two or three or as many as required, different names. So for every type of error the script redirects the visitor to the appropriate error page.

At the end, when everything has been checked and works ok, the script creates the email and then sends it to you.

The line order of the email, can be simply adjusted by puting the email body lines in the correct order. Please be very careful with the . and \n and ; s. A small error can make you lose lots of time.

You can name the form page, the error pages and the thankyou (or confirmation) pages whatever you want. You may also have only one error page instead of more pages, The important thing is that names in the script are the same as the pages themselves. The same goes for the field names, they must have exactly the names of the form fields.

A common error is when a field that makes use of a combo box is used, having the first option as "Make a choice". If you give this item any value other than null, the script cannot "understand" that in fact the field has been left empty, so validation is useless in this case.

PLEASE NOTE, that Pablo's script, as well as his instructions on creating the php page directly in BV, are more than useful and correct, and, also, doesn't require any adaptation, it will process as many and as few fields you might have on your form. If your form doesn't require field validation, GO FOR PABLOS SCRIPT.

Of course, with a little bit of analyzing the various scripts presented in the forum, you can make a combination of the two.

ONE LAST BUT VERY IMPORTANT THING:

Voda servers require SMTP authentication for sending email, because the mail() function is disabled for antispam reasons.

To overide this problem, the email you use in your script, HAS TO BE AN EMAIL ON YOUR VODAHOST ACCOUNT. Both Pablo's script and The scripts i've provided on the forum, WON'T WORK WITH EXTERNAL EMAIL ADRESSES

navaldesign
02-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I know the problem cause it happened to me.
I guess the order of the values appearing on the email received depend on the order when you create the boxes and not on the positions on the form.
I correct it by deleting all boxes and carefully re-create the boxes according the order that I want them to appear on emails that I receive.
I don't know if there is another way to do it or not but that's my way)
Hope this will help
Quy

That's correct if you use Pablos's script. If you use a script like mine, it only depends on the line order in the email body creation part, the bottom one).

If you use Pablo's script, php script and confirmation (or thankyou) page are combined in a single html+php page, which is then published on the server as php. With the ones i presented, the php file is independent, it has to be created and then uploaded on the server, and is invisible to your visitor. After it submits the email, it redirects the visitor to the confirmation (or thankyou page). Names are not important, you can make them whatever you like, the important is that the page name, and the rispective page name in the script, are the same.

quyhurry
02-08-2006, 06:20 AM
That's correct if you use Pablos's script. If you use a script like mine, it only depends on the line order in the email body creation part, the bottom one).

If you use Pablo's script, php script and confirmation (or thankyou) page are combines ina single html+php page, then saved on the server as php. With the ones i presented, the php file is independent, it has to be created and then uploaded on the server, and is invisible to your visitor. After it submits the email, it redirects the visitor to the confirmation (or thankyou page). Names are not important, you can make them whatever you like, the important is that the page name, and the rispective page name in the script, are the same.

Wow! Everything is so clear now. Thank you so much Navaldesign.

Quy

navaldesign
02-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Wow! Everything is so clear now. Thank you so much Navaldesign.

Quy

You're welcome

Bird
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
navaldesgin, or anyone else that can help me with this.

On my graphics page, I have several catergories to choose from, there is an order form at the bottom of each page. Lets say there are 20 catergories, and each one has maybe 100 images to choose from, thats a total of 2,000 images! Will the Combo Properties box hold that many? Thats alot to put in and also to make sure they are in their right spot.

Or can I use the same order form but rename them as order form 1, order form 2, and so on. Then add the images accordingly to each one, so there would only be 100 to add to each one.

What else would I have to do? Or should I just go ahead and put the 2,000 images name in the one?

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/graphics.html

navaldesign
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Just create two drop down options in your form: category, and image number. We will change the script if necessary

Bird
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Just create two drop down options in your form: category, and image number. We will change the script if necessary

Thanks navaldesign..
I now have two drop down boxes, one for category and one for image. Or should I make it image number?

I also made an category_errorpage, now what do I do now? to make it work? and tie in with my email submission?

navaldesign
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Just back in town. Please upload the URL, let me know which fields are required, remind me the names of the errpr pages as well as the thankypu page name, and i'll preapare the script tomorrow morning.

Bird
04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Just back in town. Please upload the URL, let me know which fields are required, remind me the names of the errpr pages as well as the thankypu page name, and i'll preapare the script tomorrow morning.

((in this order))
category_errorpage.html
image_errorpage.html
color_errorpage.html
text_errorpage.html
name_errorpage.html
email_errorpage.html
background_errorpage.html
((and the comments box))
confirmation1.html

below is what I have now, that you have given me before (without the category)

<?php
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
$pfw_email_to = "Graphics?fromtheheartofangels.com (Graphics@fromtheheartofangels.com)"; replacing ? with @
?>

Thanks navaldesign........no hurry....I know you have a life out of here........

navaldesign
04-05-2006, 10:05 AM
category_errorpage.html
image_errorpage.html
color_errorpage.html
text_errorpage.html
name_errorpage.html
email_errorpage.html
background_errorpage.html
((and the comments box))
confirmation1.html

below is what I have now, that you have given me before (without the category)

<?php
@$category = addslashes($_POST['category']);
if (strlen($category) == 0 )
{
header("Location: category_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
{
exit;
}
$pfw_email_to = "Graphics?fromtheheartofangels.com (Graphics@fromtheheartofangels.com)"; replacing ? with @
$pfw_message = "Category : $category\n"
. "image: $image\n"
?>

What do you mean "And the comments box " ?

For the rest, just add these lines in red, copy the script, paste it in Notepad, change the ? in @, go to "Save as", choose file type "All files", and save it with the same name you had, with the extension .php Upload the php file on your site. Attention: in same cases, if you already have a .php with the same name, it will be saved as ..... (1).php So it would be wise to save the file in another folder. Once that the script has been tested and it works, delete the old script from your computer

Bird
04-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks navaldesign.........
I now have it done, and uploaded, everything is working perfectly.
I also received the email after submission.
Looks good at my end, and now if I could get someone here to test it for me, I will know it works.
almost ready for the paypal button...I know how to do that, but if I get stumped, I will be back asking...
Thanks again for all your help.
Bird

Bird
05-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Adding the link here to show how my form looks.
Not finished yet, as I have to put on the glitter tiles, and the paypal button. So if anyone wants to see the error page, just click on the submit button, no need to fill it out.
It works perfectly.

Thanks for all the help, Navaldesign.

sandysewin
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, very nice site! Your order form was easy to manage, and your error messages were well designed.

One thing I noticed while going through some of the images: when you get to the last page in a series of images, it's confusing to have a "next" button which doesn't work (on the top right.)

Now I'm off to design my own form, complete with error messages . . .

Sandy

sandysewin
05-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Is it possible to have portions of forms greyed out, which would become non-greyed out (active?) once a box is checked? And also I may want to do the reverse, a particular choice may cause sections to be greyed outl.

How would I do this? Do I have to insert scripts, or is it possible with BV as is?

Thanks,

Sandy

P.S. Should I start a new thread with this question?

navaldesign
05-19-2006, 08:50 PM
You certainly can't do it in BV. Don't know if you can do it with some script. This is usually done with ASP (Active Server Pages) which is not supported on Vodahost servers since they are Linux and not Windows.

sandysewin
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmmmmmmm, ok, thanks.

I'm not sure if I'd want to do it this way, but would it be possible to set it up so if they made one choice with the radio buttons they'd go next to one page, and a different page for a different choice?

Sandy

navaldesign
05-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, this can be done with a php script, but would be a rather complicated and long script, combining forms in mixed php - htmlpages.