Need help with form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with form

I am starting to build my graphic form order.
    I do not have images on yet, but its a start. I saved it, published it, and trying to check it out by sending info to myself, it doesn't work. Wanted to check it out before it goes to paypal submission.

I am eventually going to have the Buy Button go to paypal.

What am I doing wrong? Need some help please.

Here is the form I made.
    http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.html

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Re: Need help with form

Originally posted by Bird
    I am starting to build my graphic form order.
    I do not have images on yet, but its a start. I saved it, published it, and trying to check it out by sending info to myself, it doesn't work. Wanted to check it out before it goes to paypal submission.

I am eventually going to have the Buy Button go to paypal.

What am I doing wrong? Need some help please.

Here is the form I made.
    You have used the mailto: option for sending the form data to your email. The result depends on your (or your visitor's) email client settings. So you'd better go for the php processing script as it is described in the forms tutorials. However, if you have to redirect your client to Paypal, you should better use a script that after submission gets the visitor to a thankyou page, where he is explained that his order has been received, and it will become active after payment, then prompt him to click on the Paypal button.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      You have used the mailto: option for sending the form data to your email. The result depends on your (or your visitor's) email client settings. So you'd better go for the php processing script as it is described in the forms tutorials. However, if you have to redirect your client to Paypal, you should better use a script that after submission gets the visitor to a thankyou page, where he is explained that his order has been received, and it will become active after payment, then prompt him to click on the Paypal button.
      Thanks for the help, navaldesign, very much appreciated.
      Now if I can just find the form tutorial on how to do this, I might make some progress.

So I should have paypal button there instead of buy now, to direct them to paypal, and hopefully come back to fill out the form. Is this right? I definately need a thank you for your order, so they will know, it has been processed.

I have to find out how to do the paypal processing script...

Comment

Thanks for the help, navaldesign, very much appreciated.
        Now if I can just find the form tutorial on how to do this, I might make some progress.

So I should have paypal button there instead of buy now, to direct them to paypal, and hopefully come back to fill out the form. Is this right? I definately need a thank you for your order, so they will know, it has been processed.

I have to find out how to do the paypal processing script...
        It is exactly the other way round. First they fill in your form. In your form you can have a Drop Down list, so visitor will choose the product they need to buy or however customize their order. Upon submission, the processing script redirects them the Order Confirmation and Thankyou Page. On that page, you will have your "Check Out" or "BUY NOW!" or "Complete Order!" or "Secure Payment" button, which will be your Paypal Button (Paypal Buttons can be customized: when you download the Paypal Button you are given the opportunity to use as button an image that you have created to better suit your site, then you download the code from Paypal with your button and the encrypted code that redirects the visitor to the Paypal site). By clicking on that button your visitor is redirected to Paypal where he completes the paymen, and then he gets redirected again on your site to continue with shopping or surfing. At this point the page he gets redirected to can be a page with a messagge like: "Thanks for your purchase. Your order shall be processed within 1 day from receiving payment confirmation." or something like that.

As for the tutorials on forms, they are at
        http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._basicform.htm

and

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...rmelements.htm

Use the php version (read carefully the text under the tutorial, regarding the php processing script.

If you need help with the script, post again.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry, few more questions.
          I can put on a paypal button, where they can pay. Make a Thank You page..html??

OK, now how can they fill out the order form and choose the different font, color, graphic, in a drop down menu. Do I need a paypal button for them to pay, and then another submit button to send me the info as what they have chosen? Little confused. How will it get back to me what they ordered? With all the graphics and differrent colors and texts, it would be very hard to set up a paypal button for each one.

Comment

It is exactly the other way round. First they fill in your form. In your form you can have a Drop Down list, so visitor will choose the product they need to buy or however customize their order. Upon submission, the processing script redirects them the Order Confirmation and Thankyou Page. On that page, you will have your "Check Out" or "BUY NOW!" or "Complete Order!" or "Secure Payment" button, which will be your Paypal Button (Paypal Buttons can be customized: when you download the Paypal Button you are given the opportunity to use as button an image that you have created to better suit your site, then you download the code from Paypal with your button and the encrypted code that redirects the visitor to the Paypal site). By clicking on that button your visitor is redirected to Paypal where he completes the paymen, and then he gets redirected again on your site to continue with shopping or surfing. At this point the page he gets redirected to can be a page with a messagge like: "Thanks for your purchase. Your order shall be processed within 1 day from receiving payment confirmation." or something like that.

As for the tutorials on forms, they are at
            http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._basicform.htm

and

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...rmelements.htm

Use the php version (read carefully the text under the tutorial, regarding the php processing script.

If you need help with the script, post again.

Thanks..........I posted just a few minutes after you. I will check the above links again. Thanks for doing the checking for me. I have to sign off right now. I will post back later (today or the next few days), if I get stuck again. Confused on what I have to offer as multiple choices like which image, blue color text, what font, etc...
            Will be putting scroll boxes at the top for the mutliple choices, and the the drop down list boxes for them to choose.

Have a GREAT DAY & THANKS!!

Comment

Is this correct? Make script below in notepad and save as oderform.php
              Now use BlueFTP upload the above .php file to your web server and place it in your public_html folder.
              http:/???/www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php without the ???

HTML>
              <HEAD>
              <TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
              </HEAD>
              <BODY>
              <H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
              $mailto = Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com
              ; replacing example with my isp
              $mailsubj = "Animated Sparkle Name Order";
              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
              {
              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
              }
              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
              ?>
              </BODY>
              </HTML>

Also, when I add the paypal button for them to pay, then redirect them back to the order form page.
              Will they get a Thank You page?

How can I check to see if it works, without going to paypal to pay myself...LOL

Comment

Is this correct? Make script below in notepad and save as oderform.php
                Now use BlueFTP upload the above .php file to your web server and place it in your public_html folder.
                http:/???/www.fromtheheartofangels.com/orderform.php without the ???

HTML>
                <HEAD>
                <TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
                </HEAD>
                <BODY>
                <H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
                $mailto = Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@example.com
                ; replacing example with my isp
                reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                {
                }
                ?>
                </BODY>
                </HTML>

Also, when I add the paypal button for them to pay, then redirect them back to the order form page.
                Will they get a Thank You page?

How can I check to see if it works, without going to paypal to pay myself...LOL
                The script itself is correct. However you should organize your work as follows:

1. Your clients go to your Order Page, where they make their oprions about their buy. The click on SUBMIT and the data get's to you.
                2. Uppon submission, they get to your Order Confirmation Page, where they are informed that their order has been received. Personally, I would use another script to keep the processing script separate from the Order Confirmation Page. The reason for that is because when you mix the processing script with the visual part, your client gets a confirmation message even in the case that the email has not really been sent to you.
                3. In your Order Confirmation page, put the Paypal BUY NOW button, and a prompt to your client to procceed to Secure Payment so his order becomes active.
                4. When they click on the BUY NOW button they get redirected to the Paypal site. There, they pay and then get Redirected to your site. Paypal gives you the chance to redirect them back to whatever page on your site, under ceratin conditionsn (read more on their site). However this page will tell them that their order becomes active as soon as Paypal lets you know that the payment has been completed . Also put a button to get them to your homepage or to continue with another product.
                5. without the ??? but with two /
                6. You only have to make sure that the form works well. After you are 100% sure, download and paste the Paypal BUY NOW button in your Order Confirmation page. At that point it is quite difficult to make any mistake.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I also noticed a few more things:
                  1. Your choice dropdowns all have the same name, D1. Change them according to their function
                  2. Your background immage is linked to a non existing http://www.fromtheheatofangels.com/orderform.html (one r less in heart)
                  3. Your php page seems to be a mix of your orderform.html and the script (?)
                  4. Name the email field simply "email" so it will work with the script provided in the tutorials. Otherwise you will get a From .......(blank) email, though your visitors email will get to you as "your email address ?????@???????.com"

Try to keep the visual part and the processing part separate. If you need help post again.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

The script itself is correct. However you should organize your work as follows:

1. Your clients go to your Order Page, where they make their oprions about their buy. The click on SUBMIT and the data get's to you.
                    2. Uppon submission, they get to your Order Confirmation Page, where they are informed that their order has been received. Personally, I would use another script to keep the processing script separate from the Order Confirmation Page. The reason for that is because when you mix the processing script with the visual part, your client gets a confirmation message even in the case that the email has not really been sent to you.
                    3. In your Order Confirmation page, put the Paypal BUY NOW button, and a prompt to your client to procceed to Secure Payment so his order becomes active.
                    4. When they click on the BUY NOW button they get redirected to the Paypal site. There, they pay and then get Redirected to your site. Paypal gives you the chance to redirect them back to whatever page on your site, under ceratin conditionsn (read more on their site). However this page will tell them that their order becomes active as soon as Paypal lets you know that the payment has been completed . Also put a button to get them to your homepage or to continue with another product.
                    5. without the ??? but with two /
                    6. You only have to make sure that the form works well. After you are 100% sure, download and paste the Paypal BUY NOW button in your Order Confirmation page. At that point it is quite difficult to make any mistake.
                    Thanks..
                    I have corrected the html page, from what you said in the post above.

Now on what you said here

Confused on how to make the Order confirmation Page, or is that done when uploading the php file?

And do I save the notepad php to the BlueVoda in my Bluevoda Document files? Or somewhere else?

Comment

copied the script above in notepad, save as type

I have a *.txt extension?
                      how do I name it?
                      orderform.php
                      order form *.txt

encoding? ANSI

LOL...I will get through this...

Comment

Thanks..
                        I have corrected the html page, from what you said in the post above.

Now on what you said here

Confused on how to make the Order confirmation Page, or is that done when uploading the php file?

Using the script that is provided in the tutorial as is will only bring up on your visitors screen a white page with a "Thanks for your order!" message. You can do two things:

1. Create a normal BV page as Order Confirmation Page and then insert the script there. To understand how to do this, please visit http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-question.html post nr 7 and follow Pablo's instructions on how to publish this page with a php extension.

or you can:

2. Create or have created a php script just for the processing part, which then automatically gets your visitor to the Order Confirmation Page. The script itself is invisible to your visitor. If you go for this option i can provide you the script if you need help. The advantages of this solution is that you can have Error pages inserted, to let your visitor know if something (if anything) goes wrong, and you can also have validation of the fields.

In both cases, in the Order Confirmation Page insert the Paypal button. So they click once more, to get redirected to the Paypal site.

Oh, your background picture still has that link i think. What do you need it for?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Using the script that is provided in the tutorial as is will only bring up on your visitors screen a white page with a "Thanks for your order!" message. You can do two things:

1. Create a normal BV page as Order Confirmation Page and then insert the script there. To understand how to do this, please visit http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-question.html post nr 7 and follow Pablo's instructions on how to publish this page with a php extension.

or you can:

2. Create or have created a php script just for the processing part, which then automatically gets your visitor to the Order Confirmation Page. The script itself is invisible to your visitor. If you go for this option i can provide you the script if you need help. The advantages of this solution is that you can have Error pages inserted, to let your visitor know if something (if anything) goes wrong, and you can also have validation of the fields.

In both cases, in the Order Confirmation Page insert the Paypal button. So they click once more, to get redirected to the Paypal site.

Oh, your background picture still has that link i think. What do you need it for?
                          HELP!! HELP!!!

I tried to do as you said, and by Pablo's instruction. I have done something wrong!
                          #1. I know my page isn't done just yet, maybe thats what is wrong.
                          The submit button isn't working, on the order form. I have no idea what I did wrong.
                          #2. On confirmation page, I too have the > on top of page in the preview page in Blue Voda. So the code must not be right there either.
                          Help again, please.

This is what I put inside the body tag on the confrimation page

<?PHP
                          $mailto = "Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@????.com"; .........I took my addy out to place here
                          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                          {
                          }
                          ?>

Comment

I think I answered the #2 question above.
                            I got rid of the >

Pablo said to put inside body tag on his post.
                            I could not get the > in the right place

I redone it and placed it in the tab labeled...Beginning of Body, it is now gone.

Comment

HELP!! HELP!!!

I tried to do as you said, and by Pablo's instruction. I have done something wrong!
                              #1. I know my page isn't done just yet, maybe thats what is wrong.
                              The submit button isn't working, on the order form. I have no idea what I did wrong.
                              #2. On confirmation page, I too have the > on top of page in the preview page in Blue Voda. So the code must not be right there either.
                              Help again, please.

This is what I put inside the body tag on the confrimation page

<?PHP
                              $mailto = "Graphics_FromTheHeartOfAngels@????.com"; .........I took my addy out to place here
                              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                              {
                              }
                              ?>

It seems that there might be a form problem and not a php script problem.First, please extend the form area towards the bottom of your page. It seems as though your Submit and Reset buttons are outside the form area, so they won't work. To make sure they are ok, do as i told you, then go in preview and try entering some text in the fields. Click on the Reset button to see if it resets the field content. If not, delete the Submit and Reset buttons, and re-install them from scratch. After we will see if it works or not. Also please create a confirmation page without the form itself, it is only supposed to give your customer a confirmation that his order details have been transmitted, so you don't need the form anymore.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X