Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

My website does not always show up correctly on all computers. Two problems seem to exist: first, the webpage shows up way too big and second, the font does not always come across with the correct font. Any suggestions???

Re: Need help!

Well first.. use web friendly fonts.. or convert them to image as not everyone will have that segoe script found in vista.

Second your screen resolution is probably HIGHER than what the standard user has if you are running a NEWER system and flat panel monitor. so design with these issues in mind.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Need help!

Karen is right. you also want to keep in mind that when designing a site, you have to design for people that has a 15 inch monitor at 600 x 800 resolution. what does that mean? in Blue Voda you need to set up your RULERS. you can find this under
      1) VIEW; then select RULERS. if you have not already.

2) in the RULERS at the top and left side are numbers. on top is the important part. the numbers 100 to 800 is standard for a 15 inch monitor. If your content falls out side of that area, the viewer with a 15 monitor may have to scroll from side to side.

3) fonts that you use on your computer will not show up on other computer if they do not carry that font. change them into images or use the standard fonts for web like roman times or Arial.

4) Keep in mind that many people use different browsers like "Opera", "Safari",(MAC users), Internet Explorer, (what most users use), "FireFox" (What I Use most), and so on. When I design, I try to design for all browers and see what they might look like.

Design for the 15 inch monitors (desktops and Laptops), it will keep you safe. look at example like msn.com. believe it or not, it is just under 14 inches.

Comment

Working...
      X