Background Dimensions. Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Dimensions. Help Please!

Help me please, I am anxious to get started!

When setting page properties using the web page creator:

1. Is there an option to stretch the background so it fits the webpage dimensions?
    2. In properties it says the webpage dimensions are 800 by 600. However when I click to preview the webpage it clearly shows more than those dimensions. Clan you explain this?

Thank you very much!

Re: Background Dimensions. Help Please!

hi redpowerlady
    did you publish any pages yet?
    if so can we have the address
    right click, properties it will show you the dimensions of the page in there.
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

No I haven't published yet. I am still in the process of building a webpage.

Comment

not sure if you figured it out or not, but here goes anyway.
        the page you look at on your monitor is set up by you. if you right click your desk top and look at settings it will tell you what resolution you have your monitor set to. in my case i have my monitor set up to 1024 x 798. you should have 3 or 4 options to set up, with the first being 800 x 600. naturally the larger the size the smaller the text and pictures appear.
        now having said that, if you choose in page properties a setting of 800 x 600 and you make your web page, publish it and you have your monitor setting to 800 x 600 you will not have any border on each side of your webpage. if you set your web page to 800 x 600 and you have your monitor set up to 1024 x798, and you have your web page centered, then you will have 224 pixels of border, divided by 2 making each side show 112 pixels wide. hope you can catch on to this. the old school says make your web pages 800 x 600 that way no one will have to scroll left to right to see your web page. the new school says 70% of users use 1024 x 798, so i make my web page somewhere around 950 to 1000 pixels wide, giving me more room to put bigger pictures or larger type. it's all up to you.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanx that helps a lot.
          I understand.

Comment

Working...
          X