Adding pictures so they have their own shape and are not in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding pictures so they have their own shape and are not in a box

Is it possible to add a picture like a butterfly so it has its own shape and is not framed in a box???

Thank you.
    (i do not have a site published yet).

Re: Adding pictures so they have their own shape and are not in a box

Hi RPL

Yes you can add any shape or picture that you like. Just use the insert image tool and locate it from your PC.

regards

Darren

Comment

It doesn't work that way. When I add an image it is framed in a white box. Always. I can't seem to figure out how to make it just the image.

Comment

you have to erase the background with software that will do this. a free one is getpaint.net - they have a good tutorial to show you how to do this. another good one is photoshop. this cost money. if you only have one or two to do just send it to me using my contact us page email address and i will erase the background and send it back, no charge.
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by RedPowerLady View Post
          It doesn't work that way. When I add an image it is framed in a white box. Always. I can't seem to figure out how to make it just the image.
          You'll need to remove the background using 'picture editing software' and save as a .png or .gif file.

.png allows you to use a shadow for a 3D look where as .gif files create a white shadow border. Right click save this example butterfly and insert it into an existing BV page to see the effect.

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Thank you two very very much! This has been very helpful!

Comment

I am working with a friend to find a new hosting website and based on the answers given above, I am already impressed with VODAHOST.

Comment

Working...
              X