Inserting images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting images

I am using photoshop to create photos for my website. When I try to insert them into BV, they have a white background. In photoshop, they have no background. How can I insert them into BV without a background so that I can place them on the sand background on my website.

I posted this question before but I think it was deleted because it was not stanted clearly. I hope that this is more clear.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: Inserting images

Hi,

From Photoshop save for the web as a ".gif " file.
    .Jpeg does not support transparency or animation.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver View Post
      I am using photoshop to create photos for my website. When I try to insert them into BV, they have a white background. In photoshop, they have no background. How can I insert them into BV without a background so that I can place them on the sand background on my website.

I posted this question before but I think it was deleted because it was not stanted clearly. I hope that this is more clear.
      Hey, Terry!
      As long as you are using PhotoShop, go ahead and save the image with no background as PNG image to make the transparancy "stick" and in a format you can insert into your BV page with no problem at all.
      GIF will not do it, nor does a GIF support transparancy.

Be sure it really does have no background (you can use the eraser tool to either erase it a pixel at a time or in larger areas, depending on the tool selector you choose and the settings you enter).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry I would like to differ.

What is a GIF Image?

The GIF format is another form of image compression. There are two GIF standards, the one we are working with is called 89a.

* The image can contain up to 256 colors and no more.

* You can reduce image size by using less colors.

* One color can be selected to be the background color which allows the underlying page color to show through. This is called transparency.

* Can also create an effect called interlace where the image is drawn as a blur that comes into focus as the image loads.

* The process is lossless. The image suffers no loss of quality when compressed.

* When created with an animation editor, multiple GIF images can be put together like a set of cartoon cels, allowing for simple moving pictures.

When should I use a GIF Image?

It is very evident that the GIF format is completely different from JPG. As with any tool, picking the right one for the job at hand. GIF is the ideal choice of format in the following situations:

* Nice, bold page banners.

* Simple icons, especially arrows and such.

* When you want a transparent background.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Scubadiver,
          Photoshop is great add-on to BV for pictures.
          1. If you are using an image with a transparent background and no shadow use .gif
          2. If you are using a image with a transparent background and shadow use .png (slightly bigger kb size)
          When you save image in photoshop make use of 'save for web' as you can choose between .jpg, .gif or .png and more importantly you can reduce the 'quality' or kb size at the same time. (if your original is of decent quality you can reduce to 60%)

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Great information, thank you, I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Thanks for taking the time to post it all.
            All the best
            Catherine
            www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

V
              The .gif format will support transparency. I keep forgetting that BV now supports the .png format which will do a better job. The .gif format is best used for images with large areas of color with little detail.
              A lot of my posts have been "Lost in Space" lately, any ideas why?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

No.....I've been suffering the same, but it's probably something to do with my not yet having evolved to BV10, ya think?
                I mean, now with a verson of BV that does everything for you, being a Webmaster is not nearly the attainment it once was it seems, and it may be that my posts have become passe....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sure...that's probably it... LOL
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Is there any other way to get a tansparent background. for example can i import an image to corel draw, use the mask function to get rid of the whitee background and then export it as something else?

Comment

Hi,

How I do it in Photoshop is to Select all, then copy the image.
                      Then under file I would select "New" and a dialogue window will open.
                      At the bottom under contents one would find 3 choices to select from for the image background:

White
                      Background Color and
                      Transparent

Select transparent and paste your image onto the empty clipboard.
                      Your image will then have a transparent background.

You can try it in other software whether they offer the same options.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      State of Johor.

Comment

It will need to be saved as a .gif or a .png format.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Looking to do the same thing with some photos (have a transparent background)
                          I have never used photoshop before. Are there any freeware versions of this or something similar that would do the same thing, or does photoshop need to be purchased?
                          Check out the newest Vineyard in Leesburg, VA http://www.casanelvineyards.com

Comment

a free software that has a great deal of tools to offer is:
                            www.getpaint.net
                            they also feature tutorials on all the tools with a fantastic forum.
                            hope you have some fun
                            mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                            X