Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a word documents to web page

Hail those who help!
    I have made a template, from which I will produce 12 different pages which will be linked to the landing page.
    These pages each feature a testimonial which are word documents,
    It's would be very tedious to retype this whole lot, each one is around 1200 words.
    Can these be copied into my template page and than still worked on in the template page?
    Thank you

Re: How do I add a word documents to web page

The answer to both questions is yes, add a text box, stretch it to what ever size you need, copy and paste. Now check that it displays in web freindly fonts (Arial, times new roman, ect.) As for working on them, it is just like any other text in the text box....You can edit to your hearts content.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Lovely, thank you for the prompt reply.
      That is why voda is tops and all its people.

Comment

Start Living
        I'm posting this just as my opinion, but maybe it will be something you might want to think about.

I'm probably an average reader, ie., I like to get to the important info offered in the text! I, personally would not read all of a testimonial if it was 1200 words long! First of all, if a testimonial isn't from someone I would recognize, it wouldn't mean very much to me.

So, if you could edit those testimonials down to the most important facts; they might work better for you! Also, they might all fit on one page!

Again, if the LONG testimonials are scattered over many pages; it's a sure bet that I wouldn't read them AND as I said...I'm probably an average reader!

JMO.

Comment

You could save the Word doc as html. FTP it to your public_html file. Insert an IFrame and link it to the Word doc.
          That would save any re-formatting problems that will happen if you paste the text from Word into a BV text box.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

You could also just make a link to the Word doc after FTP'ing to the public_html.
            www.yoursite.com/nameofdocument.html
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...
            X