How do I Edit a Hyperlink Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Edit a Hyperlink Text

Hi, I can't seen to work out how to edit a hyperlink text i.e.: I would like to take off the underline and change the text colure also add a background to the hyperlinked text. Please help.

Re: How do I Edit a Hyperlink Text

Hi, I'm new too. There are several choices for making navigation bars and one of them I think is the very simple one you are talking about that doesn't have many options. Try another one of the others, the buttons to create them are lower left on the vertical toolbar with the one you already found. I tried three before I got what I wanted. Hope this helps, and someone with more experience will probably come along shortly!
    All the best
    Catherine
    www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

iooi
      You can do what you wanted with the text links. Double click on the text area. Then highlight the linked text. Click the hyperlink button at the top tool bar.A properties box will open. Make sure the url box is filled in! If it is not, you have to cancel and re-highlight because you didn't get the entire linked text highlighted!

Once you get that far; look at the bottom where there is a "style" box. click the "edit style" button. If there are more than one style listed; be sure to select the one that was displayed when you got the properties box. Then click "edit"

Now you will see 4 options. Click on each one to set up their properties,(including the background).

Hope this helps!
      Last edited by judavvforum; 05-28-2008, 07:54 PM. Reason: added a step to the process

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
        iooi
        You can do what you wanted with the text links. Double click on the text area. Then highlight the linked text. Click the hyperlink button at the top tool bar.A properties box will open. Make sure the url box is filled in! If it is not, you have to cancel and re-highlight because you didn't get the entire linked text highlighted!

Once you get that far; look at the bottom where there is a "style" box. click the "edit style" button. If there are more than one style listed; be sure to select the one that was displayed when you got the properties box. Then click "edit"

Now you will see 4 options. Click on each one to set up their properties,(including the background).

Hope this helps!
        Hi Dave,

Thanks for the great advice. However I did what you said and managed to change the style to what I wanted in the dialog box, I made sure the url box and text were completely highlighted and added the style to the add menu, managed to save two different styles. But unfortunately it still does not change the link to what I want; it remains the same, blue and underlined. I'm not sure why it wont change as I did everything you said and it completely makes sense, why make such a simple task so complicated, please help iooi.

Comment

Originally posted by cathrn View Post
          Hi, I'm new too. There are several choices for making navigation bars and one of them I think is the very simple one you are talking about that doesn't have many options. Try another one of the others, the buttons to create them are lower left on the vertical toolbar with the one you already found. I tried three before I got what I wanted. Hope this helps, and someone with more experience will probably come along shortly!
          Hi Cat,

Thanks for the advice it was helpful only there aren't many choices of style for the buttons or I cant find the other styles, I can only find the glass and navigation buttons are there any more styles. Again thanks, kind regards iooi.

Comment

iooi
            After you changed the styles; did you "preview" the changes? Because, the changes don't show in the BV builder, only in "preview"!

If they aren't changing in "preview"; then your browser is probably showing a cached view of your page, so press F5 several times to refresh the browser.

Comment

iooi
              I am still using BV9 and you may be using BV10; so, I don't know if you have the same options that I do! But, I can't imagine that they would get rid of all the "Navigation Bar" options!

Go to Insert>Extra>Navigation Bar. Then d-click the navigation bar image to get to the properties window. There is a tab named "Style". Click that tab and you can set up text and image style of the nav bar.

Comment

iooi
                After you changed the styles; did you "preview" the changes? Because, the changes don't show in the BV builder, only in "preview"!

If they aren't changing in "preview"; then your browser is probably showing a cached view of your page, so press F5 several times to refresh the browser.
                Yes Yes I have achieved editing my hyperlinked text as a beautiful preview window showed me so I am now happy. I cant thank you enough for helping me out, may your day be filled with all you wish for again a very big THANKS

Comment

iooi
                  I am still using BV9 and you may be using BV10; so, I don't know if you have the same options that I do! But, I can't imagine that they would get rid of all the "Navigation Bar" options!

Go to Insert>Extra>Navigation Bar. Then d-click the navigation bar image to get to the properties window. There is a tab named "Style". Click that tab and you can set up text and image style of the nav bar.
                  I See yes thanks I can now edit it. When I've eventually finished my sight I'll drop you a line, you can let me know what you think. Kindest Regards iooi.

Comment

You can do it a couple of ways, to change the color, underlined, mouse over, etc. highlight the text and click the hyperlink icon at the top of the builder. At the bottom of the properties box click edit styles, click "add" the next box that pops up will have everything you want to change. This is for BV 10. For BV 9 you can just highlight the text, click the hyperlink and edit from there, under styles.

The second way is to just add the text in a text box the way you want it, the place a transperent box over it (the same size) and link the box. However the link colors will never change.
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net
                    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                      The second way is to just add the text in a text box the way you want it, the place a transperent box over it (the same size) and link the box. However the link colors will never change.
                      That seems a very unusual way of doing it.. your first suggestion is all that is required.
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes I know but someone else I was explaining it to just couldn't get it, so I told them to do that and they were happy. I was supprised as well.
                        Reguards
                        Ed
                        www.dsondesigns.com
                        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                        www.300hitter.com
                        www.bigjk.net
                        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                          You can do it a couple of ways, to change the color, underlined, mouse over, etc. highlight the text and click the hyperlink icon at the top of the builder. At the bottom of the properties box click edit styles, click "add" the next box that pops up will have everything you want to change. This is for BV 10. For BV 9 you can just highlight the text, click the hyperlink and edit from there, under styles.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the ideas but I know how to do it as explained by Dave above he is very good, and so are you also you are so very kind to take the time to help me, kind Regards iooi.

Comment

Working...
                          X