PHP File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP File

I have produced and published a form called freetrial_request on my site which will be used to offer customers free access to an online product. The payback from the customer is they must fill in certain information about themselves.. All of this I managed, I then produced a php file per the instructions in the tutorials and published it to my site. I have done something wrong because when I hit submit on the form I am directed to a web page with a "page cn not be found notification" can anyone suggest where I may be going wrong.

Re: PHP File

what is the link? i will take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for that. URL is dksolution.info and specific address of form is

dksolutions/trial_request

Comment

Originally posted by Confused in Dublin
        Thank you for that. URL is dksolution.info and specific address of form is

dksolutions/trial_request
        Just type in your correct URL that is http://www.dksolutions.info/freetrial_request.html

your page is there, alive!
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Just type in your correct URL that is http://www.dksolutions.info/freetrial_request.html

your page is there, alive!

I got that bit ok, and thank you for your assistance but the problem I am having is not finding the page, the difficulty is when you fill the form in and submit it you are directed to a "page cant be found". I'm sure I went wrong with the php file, (Have looked at all the old forum pages regarding this issue and still confused) I have a freetrial_request.php page published with the suggested text but the two pages are not talking to each other. I would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you.

Comment

Confused..

1. Is the target page (freetrial_request) set with a .PHP extension in the page properties?
            2. Is it in .PHP format on the server??

It appears that your htm page (the form) is set correctly to send the visitor to the freetrial_request.php page which is lost somewhere.. I would check that the name of the page is freetrial_request.php is correctly spelt, and that it is uploaded to the correct folder and in the correct file extension (.php) on the remote server (Voda Host Server)... If all is ok, maybe you should try renaming the page to confirmation_freetrial.php, and with that ofcourse, you must change the action in your form properties to confrimation_freetrial.php... upload both and see how it goes.

Thats my suggestion for the first step.
            EzEz . .

Comment

I got that bit ok, and thank you for your assistance but the problem I am having is not finding the page, the difficulty is when you fill the form in and submit it you are directed to a "page cant be found". I'm sure I went wrong with the php file, (Have looked at all the old forum pages regarding this issue and still confused) I have a freetrial_request.php page published with the suggested text but the two pages are not talking to each other. I would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you.
              There you have another problem. You have obviously prepared your php page in a text editor and then uploaded it to your site, so it has been saved on the server as freetrial_request.php.txt .Use Blue FTP, or any other FTP and rename your file in freetrial_request.php
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z E-Z
                Confused..

1. Is the target page (freetrial_request) set with a .PHP extension in the page properties?
                2. Is it in .PHP format on the server??

It appears that your htm page (the form) is set correctly to send the visitor to the freetrial_request.php page which is lost somewhere.. I would check that the name of the page is freetrial_request.php is correctly spelt, and that it is uploaded to the correct folder and in the correct file extension (.php) on the remote server (Voda Host Server)... If all is ok, maybe you should try renaming the page to confirmation_freetrial.php, and with that ofcourse, you must change the action in your form properties to confrimation_freetrial.php... upload both and see how it goes.

Thats my suggestion for the first step.

Thank you for the suggestions. I copies the php from the tutorial into a notepad document and named it free_trial.php. I used Blueftp to publish it and sent it to public_html. I can see the file sitting in public_html but it now has a php.txt tag attached is that normal. I have taken the page down and put it up again a few times. I have also attempted to run the same procedure with a different form as an experiment but I have had the same results. I will certainly try your suggestions however, will post progress if I acheive any.

CID

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I copies the php from the tutorial into a notepad document and named it free_trial.php. I used Blueftp to publish it and sent it to public_html. I can see the file sitting in public_html but it now has a php.txt tag attached is that normal. I have taken the page down and put it up again a few times. I have also attempted to run the same procedure with a different form as an experiment but I have had the same results. I will certainly try your suggestions however, will post progress if I acheive any.

CID
                  Just rename it on the server, DON'T uolad it again because it will always have the txt. extension
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    Just rename it on the server, DON'T uolad it again because it will always have the txt. extension
                    Thank you everyone. problem now solved. I'm really glad I joined this club. Blue Voda has been an absolute eyeopener for me and the support on line and on this forum is excellent.

Cheers from dark wet windy Ireland

(Not so) Confused in Dublin

Comment

Working...
                    X