Dynamic Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Calculations

Hi All - I am trying to figure out how to add some functionality where a visitor completes a form including email address, and the submit button takes them to a "Thank You" page with the results of the data they input in the form.

Example -

Hieght: 5' 10"
    Sign: Scorpio
    Fav Color: Green
    Email: chrisc@thelifesettlementnetwork.com

SUBMIT

next page: Thanks - you are going to make $300,579 this year. (based on some formula I create). This is just an example.

So - can it be done in ABVFP? I don't think so. Any other way to do this? Can anyone recommend some software?

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Dynamic Calculations

Hi, only an idea & not quite sure how its done, but might be easier to just have the email sent to your address & the visitors address with a thank you page explaining this.
    IE: After pressing send, a new page saying. Thanks for sending us your info, we have also sent a copy to your email address for your records.
    I have got a feeling this will be more simple to do. But i am sure Naval will see the thread & give some good advice.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I don't know of any software to you can use to make it, but if you are just taking inputed data, doing a little bit of arithmetic, and then spitting out results its pretty simple to do.

You may want to wait to hear from Naval if ABVFP is capable of doing what you need it to, if not i'd be happy to explain the basic of what you need to do to write the php script to process it.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

No, ABVFP doesn't perform calculations. Further more, these should be calculations based on a specific formula of your own.

As Watdaflip said, it is easy to build, but, of course, requires at least some knowledge, other wise even a small mistake like a comma or period missing will result in a non functioning script.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you all.

Watdaflip - if you have some basics or can direct me somewhere - I wouldn't mind trying to figure this out.

Comment

Hi Naval - what is the best way to contact you regarding a quote for a simple script? I have the calculations in excel, pretty simple calc, but want the result to appear on the "action" page after capturing an email address.

On page www.thelifesettlementnetwork.com - after completing form, instead of the next page saying quote received - with me monitoring the inbox and calculating and responding - would like this part automated.

quickquotes@thelifesettlementnetwork.com

or chidgeychris********.com

Comment

Use my contact form.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X