Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with BV pages after adding bullets

http://www.beyondthemind.net/krishnamurti-index.html

I have recently downloaded the Bullets & Arrows package and added some bullets to 2 pages. When I previewed these 2 pages the bullets appeared, though there was a dramatic displacement (of centimeters) on the pages and I had to tinker with their positions to get them to appear correctly. When published they displayed correctly (and still do) on these webpages. So far so good.

Now, going into these 2 pages to edit them I discover the bullets are no longer appearing. When I edit the pages and preview they appear corrupted in size on the webpage. I cannot delete them as they now don't show on BV. If I clone the pages the bullets still don't show. Short of creating the entire 2 pages from scratch, I now cannot edit them because of the corruptions.

Any ideas on how to get these bullets to show on the BV pages again, and why they disappeared?

Re: Problem with BV pages after adding bullets

Hi, could be many reasons. Can you post the problem pages url so we can see. Also have you moved the bullet images on your machine to another folder.????
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

http://www.beyondthemind.net/reflections.html

http://www.beyondthemind.net/corequotes.html

Hi Chris, these are the webpage url's showing the bullets.

Btw, I have found out how to delete the bullets from the BV pages - I wasn't allowing earlier for the position displacement (what shows when I click on where they were is the frame or box only, not the bullet itself - which I can then delete).

The Bullets folder is located in the Unzipped folder in My Documents. Hope this helps.

Comment

The questions remain unanswered:

* Why did the bullets disappear on the BV build pages (via Gallery) after successfully being published (though with displacement}? ;

* What causes this displacement from BV to the webpage - (is it, as I suspect, because of the overlay of an element frame onto the main text frame on the page)? ;

* A bigger question: why is this displacement far greater in Firefox and is there a solution to that (apart from altering the line-height by inserting html code, which has been done on every page)?

Clarification of these matters would be greatly appreciated. BV is brilliant but these inconveniences spoil it.

Comment

Hi, couple of ideas to try.
          Just use the image insert & not the gallery.
          Click on your text boxes & pull the handles out a touch.
          Fire fox & IE have got a different way of spacing the lettering, so will look different when viewed in either browser. So it’s not the images moving, but the text spreading out. This is more pronounced on longer pages.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X