Feedback is Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback is Appreciated

Jack and I have started an association after about a year of brewing and working with a focus group, we are 7 weeks into our meetings with home and business owners and believe it or not we are making an impact in our economically struggling state of Michigan.

I hope you can provide some feedback and help as we grow to continue to move forward, so check us out and be very clear we have developed a tough skin having gotten as far as we have so far so you cannot hurt us.
    We both believe in the power of collective thought and look forward to your input.

www.michiganhomebusinessassociation.com

Completely developed using blue voda 100% although I would like to know if adding other types of programming easily integrate with this software. We have some future plans which include more dynamic elements such as thumbing through a photo album for example. Any ideas are welcomed!

Re: Feedback is Appreciated

hi dcd
    really nice web site, very easy to read, nice colours.
    if any thing i would only say that the site is very wide! your going to have a lot of side scroll on a small laptop, i am useing a 22" monitor and it just fits that!!!
    also on the first page the blue link at the top CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER AND SAVE $50 needs to go right a bit.same on contact us page.

apart from that its great! :)
    hope this helps
    adele
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

This won't be a very detailed view but a few obvious pointers:

Page width to wide on all pages, I am scrolling across your site.. not good. Try and bring the page in to under 1000 (preferably 930-940)

My first concern was all the headings under 'learn from the experts' I expected these to take me to their various topics.. are these supposed to link to anywhere? If not I think you need to look at the layout of the page as their placement and design will lead many others to believe this is a site navigation menu.

Loads and loads of nice empty white space on the second fold of your home page, not sure what you want me to do there???? This needs closing up.

I feel it is a very 'busy' site.. and often the layout is rather confusing... which bit do I look at first? have I already read that bit... I can't remember... There doesn't seem much organisation there.

None of the underlined words under 'Free or low cost services' on the resources page link to all the programs you are promoting, which I presume you intended them to? It looks like they should and again most visitors will presume this.

Your meta keywords need a lot more attention, especially on your homepage, there are spelling mistakes, too many keywords, and some unrelated to the content of this page.

Seeing as you intend to give classes to people on running a succesful business including a crash course on 'Building a BlueVoda website in a weekend' for the 'average' guy as you put it (does this include research, planning, design, marketing of the site? (that's one very long weekend)... I think presentation is probably more important on a site of this nature than on most others.

Just my opinion... hope you are not offended.. you did say you wouldn't be.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, your suggestions are point on; a design session is in order and I will refer to your notes when we can make the time, presentation is everything your right and we are may have jumped the gun a bit in our over zealous desire to start.

Getting inconsistant results between preview mode and when I publish, just tried to adjust the white space under the fold on home page and in preview page looks good and the way I want it, publish it and page gives a ton of white space, any suggestions to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdomino View Post
          Thanks for the feedback, your suggestions are point on; a design session is in order and I will refer to your notes when we can make the time, presentation is everything your right and we are may have jumped the gun a bit in our over zealous desire to start.

Getting inconsistant results between preview mode and when I publish, just tried to adjust the white space under the fold on home page and in preview page looks good and the way I want it, publish it and page gives a ton of white space, any suggestions to correct.
          I have about 30 seconds to reply as away from pc at moment but if i remember from looking at the hom epage I would say look at bringing your footer up.

I'll have a better look in a while if that doesn't work.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
          X