Page rank - who cares??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page rank - who cares??

Well, having had an absolute bumper month on google adsense (well, for me anyway! LOL) I figured one of my sites was getting so many hits it must have shot up the rankings..... WRONG! It's page rank has gone down from 3 this time last year, to a measly 1!

Another site hovers between number 4 and 6 on the first page of google.com for my main key words - and it's page rank is again.... 1!!

So, in my experience there is no link between the success of a site, and its page rank! While it's brining in the $$ I've given up caring about rank -= or trying to fathom it out.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Page rank - who cares??

Hi Trish ... nice to see u ..

ah ha .. while the value of your property has decreased, your population has boomed .. not bad eh!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Page rank means diddly squat Trish, I too have the same experience, a site that is now making me MORE than a comfortable living from advertising alone and yet page rank is nothing to write home about... another site with a fantastic page rank.. does bugger all...

It's all hype...
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I truly believe that the page rank we see has nothing to do with the real ranking that any search engine gives us. I agree - it's best to ignore it- and do the best you can do - using proper techniques.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey guys,

I was reading about page ranking, and I also believe it has nothing to do with real traffic... but I question myself with all the SEO tools links and so on... What is the best way to increase traffic?
          Fadi Kaouk

http://www.kgcinternational.com - Recruitment Firm
          http://www.moneymachineguide.com - Make Money Online
          http://fadikaouk.blogspot.com - Make Money Blog
          http://www.pokerguideservice.com - Learn the game of Poker
          [B][COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Black]

Comment

Improve and add to your site content.

Comment

i guess technically it doesn't matter much, but it's a good indicator of how your site is doing.
              -FunnyPicz

Comment

Fadi,
                You might want to start by reading the ebook in my signature - make sure the site is what it needs to be.

Getting traffic is a combination of many things - and doing it organically means good content, good link to your site, and time to name a few - but first and foremost your site has to be ready for it.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1 View Post
                  Well, having had an absolute bumper month on google adsense (well, for me anyway! LOL) I figured one of my sites was getting so many hits it must have shot up the rankings..... WRONG! It's page rank has gone down from 3 this time last year, to a measly 1!

Another site hovers between number 4 and 6 on the first page of google.com for my main key words - and it's page rank is again.... 1!!

So, in my experience there is no link between the success of a site, and its page rank! While it's brining in the $$ I've given up caring about rank -= or trying to fathom it out.
                  you know, I've seen the same thing before and I've been told it had to do with google changing their agarithm(not sure on the spelling) every 6 months or so. I do know that there is alot more to it than just page ranking.
                  cheers ...
                  A very nice collection of wedding favors.

Comment

hi, good to see you. yes i need some visitor's to my website http://www.uksse.com

any chance of helping me
                    labony

Comment

Beths book is a good start and just remember to run a good site with good content and yes a good quality linking program. I have also heard google have shifted over to site maps and privacy pages as a big plus also.
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                      X